2 Chefs West Seattle made hummus

Home Forums West Seattle Food 2 Chefs West Seattle made hummus

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

WSMom
    Participant

2 Chefs hummus is delicious and made right here in West Seattle. Morgan Street Thriftway carries it. I like the regular, but it comes in extra hot. I met the “two chefs” at a Thriftway tasting and they are nice young people trying to make a small business go. I love it that Thriftway is locally owned and operated so that they can carry a new fledgling product like this authentic really yummy hummus.

SarahScoot
    Participant

I can’t imagine buying hummus when it’s so easy and cheap to make, but that’s good to know a local small company is producing a high-quality product!

JoB
    Participant

Sarah…

hummus is cheap and easy to make..

but,i confess that i have been buying mine for years…

tabouli too when Costco carried that great fresh local stuff :(

WSMOM…

thanks for the heads up. i will pick some up next time i am in Thriftway…

Think global.. buy local :)))))

Irukandji
    Participant

Tabouleh is not so quick and easy to make, and hummus takes some forethought if you’re going to cook your own beans. LOVE good hummus!

Homer
    Participant

Anyone care to post their favorite hummus recipe? Always looking for new ones or just down right good ones!

JoB
    Participant

we make tabouli in season because i grow both mint and parsely..

but yes, both take forethought.

cjboffoli
    Participant

SarahScott: I’m with you. Hummus is easy and cheap to make at home. I also find it is fresher when made at home and tastes better than store bought.

I make it in the blender. Use two cans of garbanzo beans. Open the cans and reserve the liquid of one of them in a measuring cup. Pour the beans (and the liquid from one can) into the blender. Add 4 Tablespoons of good sesame tahini, 2 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, 3 good sized cloves of garlic and the juice of one whole lemon. Blend until smooth, adding the reserved liquid as needed.

Viola! Fresh, delicious hummus!

Metropolitan Market has some rather good pita breads that are a little different in that they are made with oil. Cut them in half, toast them in the toaster, and then take them out and cut into little points for dipping.

I’m told the tahini and the garbanzos work together to form a complete protein. So it makes for a healthy snack (if you can forgive eating heaps of white bread). Raw veggies work fine for dipping too.

JanS
    Participant

buy whole wheat pita…make it all healthy :)

dawsonct
    Participant

Toss in a handful of curly-leaf parsley. The bitter flavor works well with the fattiness of the beans and tahini and the acids from the lemon.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.