Listening Mothers Groups: 0-6months old
Facilitated by Lynne Brazg. M.Ed
The Listening Mothers program is a small group program that provides unique support and information to mothers of babies up to six months old, every Wednesday beginning October 2nd from 1-2:30pm ($150) at The Cove School.
This eight-week class creates the conditions for mothers to experience, cultivate and practice the art of mindful curiosity about their own and their infant’s experiences. This mindful approach is shown to increase parents’ reflective capacity, which in turn supports secure parent-infant attachment and healthy child development.
The interactive group is designed to enhance parent’s capacity to “read” their babies cues and communications. Extensive research has shown that this process helps to further a baby’s cognitive, social and emotional intelligence. The Listening Mothers group meets weekly for 8 weeks. Each session is one hour and a half.
Listening Mothers groups provide:
• Easy to master mindfulness-based skills that help reduce stress and increase sense of well being
• A non-judgmental environment in which to discover and share your own inner wisdom
• Time to explore some of the possible meanings of your baby’s behavior as well as the impact of the baby’s behavior on you
• A chance to learn the importance of self-regulation: skillful ways of staying calm in the face of a storm
• A way of being with your baby that is effective, nurturing, trust building and joyful.
• Skills for becoming more attuned to yourself and your baby.
• A community of like-minded supportive parents who, like yourself aspire to be the best parent they can be and are willing to embark on the parenting journey with and open mind, curiosity and willingness to explore.
West Seattle, Washington