Fire guts South Delridge house


The exterior appears intact but the charring over the broken-out windows suggests this house was gutted by the overnight fire there. It’s 9415 Delridge (map), on the north edge of the Delridge/Roxbury business district, at a location identified in county records and online searches as home to B & J Plumbing (we have left voicemail for that business to check on this); 911 logs show the fire callout was at 1:50 am. There’s no official Fire Department press release on this, so here’s hoping that means nobody was seriously hurt.

3 Replies to "Fire guts South Delridge house "

  • Trina December 17, 2007 (4:54 pm)

    Local business owner turned hero! After reading this story today, and recognizing the house, I found out some more details about the fire for you. Nobody was hurt, thanks to the business owner next door. The auto banners you can see in the foreground of the photo are from 944 WEST. The owner, Paul Shawver, lives above his business, and woke the family by hollering across from his balcony while flames were pouring 14′ out the downstairs windows. Once he saw the family was awake, he placed a ladder on the side of the house (to the window just visible on the far right) and the family climbed to safety.

    BTW: I’ve been a longtime customer of Paul’s West Seattle business, which used to be Bugmaster’s on California Ave near the Morgan Junction.

  • WSB December 17, 2007 (5:14 pm)

    Thank you, Trina – we also just got e-mail from Ricardo @ Cafe Rozella with similar info, and a full update post with that will publish at the top of the page shortly.

  • LMA December 5, 2008 (4:09 pm)

    last year this time Paul was pulling people out of the burinng house and today he is in a hospital fighiting for his life, shows us all how life is so valuble, would like to send out a prayer to him and his family . and to all my family and friends to tell them that I love them and to stay safe , God Bless


Sorry, comment time is over.