- This topic contains 1 voice and has 0 replies.
May 20, 2019 at 7:24 pm #950424
Global Diving & Salvage, Inc. is the largest diving contractor on the West Coast, based out of Seattle, WA, a leading provider of marine construction and infrastructure support services in the United States, and an internationally recognized casualty responder.
We are currently seeking a Senior Project Manager is responsible for providing oversight and management of civil and marine construction projects across the entire organization. This will include direct management of large construction projects and mentoring and oversight of personnel managing smaller projects. The position may also require management of projects outside the Construction Division.
The Senior Project Manager will work closely with the Service Line VP and the Construction Group Manager to identify and secure new opportunities and customers. They will also assist in recruiting and developing personnel to augment and expand the marine construction group.
Position Essential Job Functions include but are not limited to:
• Project Management of marine and civil construction projects
• Site health and safety on projects
• Supervision of site personnel and subcontractors
• Development and tracking of project schedules
• Tracking and reporting job costs
• Interpreting construction plans and specifications
• Submittals and reporting documentation as required by the owner and concerned public agencies including, USCG, DOE, EPA or other state and local agencies
• Business development for civil and marine construction both in the continental United States and Internationally
• Develop and execute a marketing plan to identify opportunities and new customers in order to expand Global’s market share
• Develop and implement process improvements to maintain a competitive edge in the market place
• Assist in production of bids and proposals
• Develop and maintain client relations
• Undergraduate degree in Construction Engineering, Construction Management or related degree or relevant years of experience
• Extensive knowledge through demonstrated experience of heavy civil and / or marine construction, specifically work in and around dams, bridges, dock and wharfs
• Minimum 8 years’ experience managing crews and equipment on heavy civil projects
• 10-15 years’ experience in the marine construction industry
• Previous experience working as a commercial diver preferred
• Must have excellent verbal, written and electronic communication skills
• Ability to interact effectively and professionally with internal and external clients
• Comprehensive understanding of project scheduling and cost control
• Proficient with the use of Microsoft Office, as well as scheduling and estimating software (Primavera P6 and HCSS preferred)
• Proactive approach to problem solving
• Detail orientated and technically sound
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Strong work ethic a must
Physical / Mental Requirements
• Ability to work any day of the week both night and day
• Ability to travel to project sites and work approximately 30 days on at a time
• Available for after hour emergency response
• Ability to complete pre-employment drug test and participate in random drug and alcohol testing program
• Ability to successfully complete a background check
• Ability to lift up to 50lbs
• Must be able to withstand the following for up to 12 hours per day in all weather conditions (Sun, Rain, Sleet, and Snow): stand, sit, walk, push, pull, squat, crouch, bend, stoop, crawl, kneel, climb stairs and ladders, repetitive reaching, and repetitive hand use
• Ability to meet DOT, ADCI, USCG, or HAZMAT physical & additional fitness ability requirements for the position
Equal Employment Opportunity
Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the objective of Global Diving & Salvage, Inc. to obtain qualified employees consistent with position requirements: to seek, employ, promote, and treat all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion/creed, handicap/disability, marital status, genetic information/history, military/veteran status, or any other characteristic or condition protected by law.
Global will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Global’s legal duty to furnish information. (41 C.F.R. 60-1.35(c))
If you are a candidate with a disability in need of an accommodation in the application process, please contact 206-623-0621 or email email@example.com.
Apply online at http://www.gdiving.com/about/employment
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.