The Seattle Department of Transportation advises travelers that work on the SW Admiral Way Safety Project in West Seattle will start on Wednesday, September 28, and last for about one week, depending on weather.
Starting at 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Wednesday, September 28, travelers can expect:
• No parking on both sides of SW Admiral Way between California Ave SW and 63rd Ave SW to keep a travel lane in each direction open
• Existing striping will be removed Wednesday; new striping will be installed Thursday and Friday
• Temporary lane closures and lane shifts around the work area; flaggers will be present to direct traffic
• Sidewalks will remain open during work; people biking on the sidewalk must yield to people walking at all times
• People biking should use alternate routes during construction
• Construction equipment, trucks, noise and activity will be in the area for about one week
Over the past year and a half, SDOT has worked with the community on a new street design for SW Admiral Way between California Ave SW and 63rd Ave SW. The project will create a comfortable and predictable bike connection between Alki and the business district at California Ave SW. The new design will reduce speeding and collisions, and accommodate on-street parking. SDOT would like to thank the public for its patience while this work is completed.
West Seattle, Washington