More than three months after the paving project in The Junction wrapped up, bet you forgot the city promised more work on Cali, all the way north to Admiral (plus a stretch of Admiral itself). Well, at least WE forgot till we just got an e-mail alert from a city list we’d also forgotten we signed up for. Says work will resume March 19, starting between Genesee and Spokane. Click ahead for the complete text of the city alert:
California Avenue SW Street Paving Work to Re-start in March
The planned removal and replacement of the asphalt pavement surface on California Avenue SW north of SW Genesee and on SW Admiral Way will take place in Spring 2007. Construction work will include installation of concrete curb ramps and drainage improvements. The segment between SW Edmunds and SW Genesse was paved last year. There was a pause in construction activity for the holiday season and winter.
Beginning on March 19th, the contractor will restart work on California Avenue SW between SW Genesee and SW Spokane streets. The following traffic restrictions will apply.
* Traffic will be maintained at all times throughout the project. During the peak periods, at least one lane of traffic in each direction will be open.
* At other times, traffic may be restricted to one lane with the use of flaggers.
* There will be NO PARKING allowed for 24 hours a day (most of the time) for a duration of four (4) to five (5) weeks. This will be for grinding, then digging out and repairing the roadway base in the center section of the street.
* For the remainder of the work, the parking will be prohibited as necessary.
* Left turns will be largely prohibited from and onto intersecting residential (side) streets during the excavation of the center section of the roadway. Appropriate signage will be posted. Detours will be necessary at times.
The overall construction work on California Avenue SW and SW Admiral Way, will be constructed in phases that may overlap. The same traffic and parking restrictions identified above will be necessary in each phase.
Phase 1 -California Avenue SW from SW Genessee Street to SW Spokane Street
Phase 2 -California Avenue SW from SW Spokane Street to SW Admiral Way
Phase 3 -SW Admiral Way from 41st Avenue SW to SW Olga Street
Throughout the duration of the construction project, one lane of travel will be maintained in each direction during the hours of 6:00 AM to 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM. Normal work hours for the contractor will be 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
For further information, please contact either of the following:
Public Outreach Coordinator
Jessica Murphy, P.E.