- This topic contains 1 voice and has 0 replies.
July 23, 2019 at 3:57 pm #955570
At Metropolitan Market, we know food! We are a progressive, upscale grocery-retailer and one of the best places to work in the Pacific Northwest. Metropolitan Market is a company recognized within the food industry for freshness and quality – from our locally made chocolates to our mouth watering local pears.
We provide outstanding employment opportunities, including a generous benefits program and attractive wages. These fast-paced positions in all of our departments provide ample opportunity for growth and development within the Company. We are looking for outgoing, friendly individuals who want to work in a healthy and rewarding environment!
Job Summary: As leader of our Wellness Department, this position is responsible for product management, merchandising, customer service, full profit, and loss control. Possesses extensive knowledge of nutrition-related products. Readily shares information and product selection advice with customers.
Specific Job Duties:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Maintains high-quality standards in product management and presentation.
• Orders all products for the Wellness Department which consists of conventional, natural, and organic health, beauty, and wellness products.
• Establishes sales, gross profit, labor and supply budgets for the Wellness Department.
• Maintains pricing to achieve budgeted gross profit goals.
• Plans and executes Wellness Department merchandising and displays.
• Generates, leads and readily participates in product promotions and focuses working directly with vendors and our Culinary team members.
• Provides outstanding customer service and readily communicates product information to increase sales and meet revenue goals; uses product information to increase sales and best service customers.
• Regularly assists customers in locating products throughout the whole store; walks customer to where items are merchandised.
• Conducts quarterly physical inventories and practices inventory control.
• Prevents internal and external loss.
• Demonstrates dependability and flexibility; meets attendance requirements.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Grocery Manager and/or Store Director team.
Skills Required / Qualifications:
Candidates will be selected from applicants having the best combination of the following qualifications:
• Minimum three years nutrition product and industry related experience preferred.
• Minimum two years supervisory experience preferred.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Proven success as a team leader and member.
• Demonstrates a high-level of self-motivation; takes initiative; problem solves.
• Possesses creative merchandising and display skills.
• Possesses strong knowledge of gross profit and labor percentages; proven experience working with both.
• Possesses comprehensive nutrition products and industry related information with a proven history of using knowledge to train employees and best service customers.
• Proven history of personnel development.
• Ability to effectively delegate and follow-through.
• Exceptional customer service skills.
• Superior communication skills.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Proven ability to positively affect sales generation and manage profit and loss.
How to apply:
Applications are accepted online. Please visit our website to view complete job descriptions.
1. Go to https://www.metropolitan-market.com
2. Select the Careers section
3. Complete a general application and create a profile
4. Search open positions and apply anytime, using your general application and profile
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION:
* Attractive Hourly Wage, Negotiable DOE
* Rich Paid Time Off Benefits including Vacation, Personal, Holiday, and Sick
* Generous Medical and Dental Plans at Very Low Cost to Team Members
* Company Funded Life & Disability Insurance and Pension Plan
* Generous Team Member Discount
* Team Member Sponsored ORCA Card Program
* Tuition Reimbursement Program
* Team Member Appreciation Celebrations
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.