- This topic contains 1 voice and has 0 replies.
March 8, 2018 at 10:00 am #910861
Here We Grow Again!
Incredible Opportunity for Talented and Enthusiastic Individuals to Join Our Team!
At Metropolitan Market, we know food! We are a progressive, upscale grocery-retailer and one of the best places to work in the Pacific Northwest. Metropolitan Market is a company recognized within the food industry for freshness and quality. Every season brings new bounty to the produce department – from the sweet and juicy Peach-o-Rama peaches in the summer, to the creamy holiday pears in the winter, and all the local berries, heirloom apples, and savory fall squashes in between.
We provide outstanding employment opportunities, including a generous benefits program and attractive wages. These fast-paced positions in all of our departments provide ample opportunity for growth and development within the Company. We are looking for outgoing, friendly individuals who want to work in a healthy and rewarding environment!
Job Summary: As a key member of our Product & Merchandising Group (PMG), this position supports our companywide Produce Department. The Produce Merchandiser/Program Coordinator is responsible for merchandising, product/program education, and quality standards of our Produce Departments, companywide. This position works with the Fresh Director and Produce Specialist in supporting product merchandising and program integrity. The Produce Merchandiser/Program Coordinator provides ongoing in-store education, with an emphasis on merchandising, product knowledge, shrink tracking, food safety and sanitation, production method, product yields, and proper use of equipment. This position also supports department standards, recipe/spec compliance, portion control, quality control, and works directly with Produce Department leaders, companywide, to ensure successful program support on a daily basis.
Specific Job Duties:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• In partnership with the Fresh Director and Produce Specialist, develops and implements companywide Produce Department merchandising standards; maintains proprietary and branded products and programs.
• Under the supervision of the Fresh Director, and in partnership with the Produce Specialist, creates and implements product/program education, training, and quality control materials.
• Ensures merchandising and product/program quality standards and accuracy between store locations.
• Effectively leads and coordinates product/program education efforts and quality standard expectations on a companywide basis; works closely with Produce Department management, providing guidance, training, and support within the Produce category.
• Provides leadership for companywide Produce Department team members, including product merchandising, training, motivation, communication, and sharing of the Company vision.
• Works with the Store Director Team and Produce Specialist as needed, to help address employee performance issues (e.g., provides the Store Director Team with relative information so the Store Director may follow-up with the team member).
• Participates in regular companywide Produce Department management meetings that include information on new item selection and program presentations, latest trends, current sales/gross targets and achievements, upcoming resets, remodels and holiday planning, and priorities for our Produce Departments, companywide.
Skills Required / Qualifications:
Candidates will be selected from applicants having the best combination of the following qualifications:
• One year supervisory experience in a produce retail environment preferred.
• Demonstrates a strong knowledge and understanding of Produce Department requirements, including merchandising, applications, products, and culinary skills.
• Must have an infectious passion for great tasting, high quality food, and a proven ability to engage and create excitement with team members.
• Able to create, develop, and execute product education for team members within budget provisions; proven ability to train and effectively share information in a teaching manner.
• Exceptional customer service skills.
• Proven ability to positively affect sales, and manage profit and loss.
• Superior oral and written communication skills.
• Proven ability to effectively delegate and follow-through in a timely manner.
• Demonstrates a high-level of self-motivation; takes initiative and successfully problem solves.
• The ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously and produce quality output while working within deadlines is a must; sense of urgency required.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• A proven ability to interact and perform all job responsibilities with professionalism and confidentiality is essential.
How to apply:
Applications are accepted online. Please visit our website to view complete job descriptions.
1. Go to http://www.metropolitan-market.com
2. Select the Careers section
3. Complete a general application and create a profile
4. Search open positions and apply anytime, using your general application and profile
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION:
* Attractive Hourly Wage, Negotiable DOE
* Rich Paid Time Off Benefits including Vacation, Personal, Holiday, and Sick
* Generous Medical and Dental Plans at Very Low Cost to Team Members
* Health Reimbursement Arrangement
* Company Funded Life & Disability Insurance and Matching 401K
* Generous Employee Discount
* Employee Sponsored ORCA Card Program
* Tuition Reimbursement Program
* Met ACTIVE Account – Money Provided to Support an Active, Healthy Lifestyle
* Team Member Assistance Program
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.