September 24, 2020 at 8:42 pm #988554
Providence is calling a Full-time Preschool Teacher to the Intergenerational Learning Center (ILC) at Providence Mount St. Vincent in Seattle, Washington. We are looking for a loving, reliable, open-hearted teacher to join the team. We are a play-based and social/emotional focus program that puts relationship at the center of our work. We are internationally renowned and award winning for the intergenerational aspects of our program. To apply go to: https://bit.ly/2EqDdMd
In this position you will:
• Be responsible for the overall care of children in the Intergenerational Learning Center. This includes the planning and implementation of an age appropriate program, development of interesting, stimulating and challenging indoor and outdoor environment and planning appropriate daily activities.
• Be responsible for developing an intergenerational program and nurturing interaction between clients and children. Included in these responsibilities are maintaining the classroom, preparing materials for the children and certain clerical and record keeping duties.
• Plan and implement the daily scheduled activities, indoor and outdoor environments and all other aspects of the children’s program; This program reflects physical, cognitive, social and emotional needs of the children and is developmentally appropriate; Teacher is or becomes familiar with Focused Portfolios and Focused Planning.
• Perform the following when appropriate: Changing diapers, keeping children clean, assisting with eating/feeding, holding, rocking, talking with/to, and engaging in play activities on a daily basis.
• Use appropriate interactive strategies per approved guidelines; For example: Using active listening, helping children learn to problem solve through negotiation and encouragement of child’s own thinking, using appropriate limit setting strategies like I-messages, giving information, contingencies, natural and logical consequences or choices.
We work in a fun and caring community that offers:
• Exceptional medical, dental, and vision benefits at little or no cost to you.
• Paid, in-house training in Food Handlers, CPR, First Aid and Blood Borne Pathogens.
• College tuition reimbursement up to $5,250 annually.
• Retirement with company match.
• Competitive pay rates based on experience.
Required qualifications for this position include:
• Completion of CDA or at least 12 Early Childhood Education or related credits as determined by the manager
• 2 years of experience working with children ages birth to 5 years
About the Intergenerational Learning Center (ILC): The Intergenerational Learning Center (ILC) is an award-winning child care program located in West Seattle, WA. Our program is unique in that interaction between the infants, toddlers and preschool-aged children and the 400 elderly residents of Providence Mount St. Vincent is an integral part of daily activities. This enhances the opportunities for children and people of all ages to have frequent community interaction. Our program includes a philosophy based on problem-solving, where teachers act as facilitators and guides encouraging children to think of solutions to problems that may arise throughout their day.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.