Re: the previous item about the start of pavement work on I-5 — WSDOT just announced it will NOT start tonight after all, because of the weather. Here’s the new announcement:
Grinding work scheduled to start tonight on northbound I-5 in Seattle has been postponed one day due to freezing temperatures expected overnight. The work will now begin Tuesday, Feb. 10. Long weekend closures begin Friday, Feb. 13.
This is the first week and weekend of our major I-5 pavement rehabilitation work.
Crews will close:
· Up to three lanes at night on northbound I-5 from Corson Avenue to the West Seattle Freeway Tuesday, Feb. 10 through Friday. Feb. 13.
· Lanes closures begin at 7 p.m.. Three of four lanes will be closed by 11 p.m. All lanes will reopen at 5 a.m.
· Up to three lanes at night on southbound I-5 from Stewart Street to I-90 Wednesday night, Feb. 11 through Friday morning, Feb. 13. Lane closures begin at 8 p.m. All lanes will reopen at 5 a.m.
· Up to three of four lanes on southbound I-5 between Stewart Street and just south of I-90 from Friday, Feb. 13 through Monday, Feb. 16. Lanes close at 8 p.m. on Friday and reopen at 5 a.m. Monday. Feb 16.
· The Howell Street and Union Street ramps will be closed during all southbound closures. A signed truck and vehicle detour is in place.