West Seattle Crime Watch: ‘Active’ car-prowl suspect arrested

February 14, 2011 at 5:25 pm | In Crime, West Seattle news, West Seattle police | 14 Comments

In recent reports on crime trends and crime-prevention meetings, we’ve heard it from local police leadership again and again – car prowls (break-ins and attempts) are the crime category that continues to be hard to get under control. But Southwest Precinct Lt. Pierre Davis says there’s good news this afternoon: SWP officers “arrested one of our more active car prowl suspects in West Seattle. (At about) 12:33 PM, the suspect and others were in the area of Erskine Wy SW & SW Hudson street engaging in suspicious activity. Our officers, who responded to the initial call, located the suspects with goods in hand and made the arrest.” (We’re still following up to find out more about the “active” suspect and whether they were booked into jail, and will add that when we find out.)

1. Good, make them clean graffiti.

Comment by CandrewB — 5:35 pm February 14, 2011 #

2. Sound like the police got lucky. I have called them many time for suspicious people looming around looking into cars and they always show up too late. Sadly my neighbor called in to 911 to say her house was broken onto and it also took west precinct over 1 hour to show up…

Comment by Mike R — 6:38 pm February 14, 2011 #

3. Good work!! Hopefully images will be made available so we know who to look out for.

Comment by CMeagh — 6:41 pm February 14, 2011 #

4. Yes…let’s make “active” “inactive”!

Comment by onceachef — 7:57 pm February 14, 2011 #

5. lets search their houses for other stole property

Comment by Megan — 8:22 pm February 14, 2011 #

6. make them clean graffiti… in iraq.

Comment by redblack — 6:16 am February 15, 2011 #

7. Throw away the key. Scum.

Comment by lucky chick — 8:09 am February 15, 2011 #

8. My kids and I witnessed the arrest, now we know why. Too close to home. I can let you know what they looked like and what kind of car they drive, so you’ll know what to look out for.

Comment by Bill R — 8:59 am February 15, 2011 #

9. Good news. We have had two break ins over the past six months.

Comment by lc — 9:39 am February 15, 2011 #

10. I wonder how many times these scumbags have been arrested for the same crime, yet the revolving door of Seattle justice system lets them go.
    I mean they HAD to have committed the crime MANY times before to known as “Active” crime suspects/

Comment by Ex-Westwood Resident — 11:30 am February 15, 2011 #

11. maybe this guy has both of my catylitic converts that were stolen. or maybe he’s got either one of my tacoma winch bumpers that got stolen. oohhh… or maybehe’s got my offroad lights that got stolen off my truck. pretty sick of these guys in west seattle that feel like it’s ok to just take what they want. glad to see the cops actually caught one of these guys

Comment by sam — 1:34 pm February 17, 2011 #

12. My boyfriend discovered just last Friday morning he had his catalytic converter stolen off his Tacoma truck too!!! I really hope this was the guy they arrested!

Comment by Fairmount park area resident — 10:06 am February 22, 2011 #

13. FPAR – we’re working on a followup today – but if this was last Friday morning, this suspect was back in jail as of last Tuesday and still in as of my last check early today. Please be sure your BF reports the theft if he hasn’t already! – TR

Comment by WSB — 10:17 am February 22, 2011 #

14. Faster response times…. the solution is clear. West Seattle MUST have a 24 hour donut shop if we are going to improve response times. At least they will be in the area.

Comment by kootchman — 9:46 am February 25, 2011 #