- This topic contains 1 voice and has 0 replies.
February 8, 2018 at 10:16 am #908376
Global Diving & Salvage, Inc. is the largest diving contractor on the West Coast, based out of Seattle, WA, a leading provider of marine construction and infrastructure support services in the United States, and an internationally recognized casualty responder.
We are currently seeking a Senior Accountant to join our team in Seattle, WA. The Senior Accountant is responsible for the preparation and maintenance of company financial records, related reports and tax returns, and preparation of quarterly and annual reports.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Financial Report and Analysis:
• Develop and maintain accounting or financial reporting records.
• Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations for accuracy and compliance with company policies and applicable accounting principles.
• Produce financial statements and other reports and review for accuracy.
• Participate in month-end close procedures, to include balance sheet account reconciliations, completion of assigned journal entries and sales/COGS analysis.
• Prepare monthly revenue recognition analysis and reconcile revenue, deferred revenue, and deferred revenue roll forward.
• Perform trend and variance analysis to support month and quarter end close.
• Support quarterly earnings and ongoing budget and forecasting processes.
• Perform weekly/monthly auditing, analysis and scorecard reporting
• Deliver actionable insights through monthly/quarterly financial reports, and trend/variance analysis
• Create and publish dashboard reports to help management monitor the financial health of the business.
• Collaborate on the design, development, maintenance, and delivery/presentation of forecasting models, metrics, reports, analyses, tools, and dashboards
• Maintain and develop various accounting systems and processes in area of responsibility. Recommend and implement improvements to existing systems, controls, work processes and procedures affecting month-end and quarter-end financial close, account analysis preparation and financial reporting.
• Assist with training of less experienced team members and facilitate cross-training amongst the team.
• Assist in prioritizing work and coordination of special projects or audits.
• Informs and advises management on issues, escalates issues as appropriate.
• Assist in assessing internal controls, including risk assessment and review of risk areas
• Knowledge and ability to back fill when team members are out of the office
• Development and ongoing preparation of month-end financial reporting packages, other internal management reports, and external bank compliance reporting
• May lead or support special projects as assigned.
BS degree in Business with a concentration in Finance or Accounting required
2+ years of Cost Accounting required
7+ years in Accounting Field required, preferably in a construction environment
Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint
Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
Experience with ERP Software
Previous experience with Microsoft Dynamics Navision preferred
Previous experience with revenue recognition, preferably in a related field
Extensive knowledge of GAAP revenue recognition
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Advanced organizational skills
Strong attention to detail
Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
Must demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness
Excellent interpersonal and team skills
Must demonstrate ability to be highly flexible and is adept at managing expectations and handling large amounts of information
Ability to work independently with limited supervision
Ability to tactfully interact with a wide range of personalities
Physical / Mental Requirements
Perform work in an office setting
Ability to lift 30 lbs
Equal Employment Opportunity
Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the objective of Global Diving & Salvage, Inc. to obtain qualified employees consistent with position requirements: to seek, employ, promote, and treat all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion/creed, handicap/disability, marital status, genetic information/history, military/veteran status, or any other characteristic or condition protected by law.
Global will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Global’s legal duty to furnish information. (41 C.F.R. 60-1.35(c))
If you are a candidate with a disability in need of an accommodation in the application process, please contact 206-623-0621 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seattle, WA Apply online at http://www.gdiving.com/about/employment
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.