- This topic contains 1 voice and has 0 replies.
January 11, 2019 at 3:00 pm #937962
At Metropolitan Market, we know food! We are a progressive, upscale grocery-retailer and one of the best places to work in the Pacific Northwest. Metropolitan Market is a company recognized within the food industry for freshness and quality – from our locally made chocolates to our mouth watering local pears.
Job Summary: As a leader of our evening store operations, this position, in partnership with the Night Crew Manager, is responsible for customer service, cash handling, merchandising, maintenance, and personnel development. (Shifts scheduled between 10:00 PM and 10:00 AM).
Specific Job Duties:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Maintains high-quality standards in store operations, cash handling, customer service, product merchandising and stocking; ensures efficient operations and effective coordination of store activities.
• Oversees store operations and ensures standards are maintained in absence of the Store Director team, Lead Customer Service Manager, Customer Service Manager, and Night Crew Manager.
• Ensures health, safety and sanitation guidelines are followed while working with all products.
• In partnership with the Night Crew Manager, effectively maintains and coordinates night crew staffing to best service customers; tracks attendance and takes action as needed.
• Ensures effective communication between all departments within store.
• Oversees cash handling procedures; transfers money to cash tills; pulls tills at shift end; ensures accuracy of the safe.
• Assists with maintaining all store and department standards, including supervision of all department operations for compliance with Company standards; manages evening activities of all department staffs.
• Leads and readily participates in product promotions and focuses.
• Provides outstanding customer service and readily communicates product information to increase sales and meet revenue goals; uses product information to increase sales and best service customers.
• Leads by example, and provides employees with clear expectations and timely feedback.
• Trains employees and provides performance feedback, coaching and counseling.
• Prevents internal and external loss.
• Successfully performs all duties of a Journeyman Checker.
• Demonstrates dependability and flexibility; meets attendance requirements.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Grocery Manager, Night Crew Manger, and/or Store Director team.
Skills Required / Qualifications:
Candidates will be selected from applicants having the best combination of the following qualifications:
• Minimum one year Checker experience required; excellent checking skills necessary; superior customer service skills essential.
• Minimum three years grocery or related experience required.
• Minimum two years supervisory experience preferred.
• Comprehensive knowledge of grocery store operations a must.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Demonstrates good judgement. Effectively assesses situations and information, takes appropriate action.
• Proven success as a team leader and member.
• Demonstrates a high-level of self-motivation; takes initiative; problem solves.
• Possesses comprehensive product information with a proven history of using knowledge to train employees and best service customers.
• Proven history of personnel development.
• Ability to effectively delegate and follow-through.
• Exceptional customer service skills.
• Superior communication skills.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Proven ability to positively affect sales generation.
How to apply:
Applications are accepted online. Please visit our website to view complete job descriptions.
1. Go to https://www.metropolitan-market.com/careers
2. Complete a general application and create a profile
3. Search open positions and apply anytime, using your general application and profile
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION:
* Attractive Hourly Wage, Negotiable DOE
* Rich Paid Time Off Benefits including Vacation, Personal, Holiday, and Sick
* Generous Medical and Dental Plans at Very Low Cost to Team Members
* Company Funded Life & Disability Insurance and Pension Plan
* Generous Team Member Discount
* Team Member Sponsored ORCA Card Program
* Tuition Reimbursement Program
* Team Member Appreciation Celebrations
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.