4 am fireworks Monday morning

Home Forums Open Discussion 4 am fireworks Monday morning

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

AaronZ
    Participant

At first I thought they could be gunshots, but after 8-10 sporadic m80 style explosions from 3:30 to 4 am near 8th and Barton and no sirens, I assumed they must just be fireworks. Does anyone know who it might be that does such a thing? I can handle the 4th of July fireworks, but a late-July eeeeearly Monday morning in summer when everyone’s windows are open at night as they try to sleep is enough to inspire a manhunt on my part. Maybe this goes under the rant section, but I’d love to stop the random fireworks in the middle of the night.

WSB
    Keymaster

Gunshots wouldn’t necessarily be responded to with sirens, unless there was word of a victim. This was one of the three incidents people contacted us about, resulting in this (see the comments):

Reader reports: Failed car-theft attempt; more mystery booms

JoB
    Participant

no mystery about the booms in my westwood neighborhood..
    any night some time between 11 and midnight you can hear the loud boom of fireworks
    and then again some nights just about the time the bar closes..

if i could figure out which house was producing them i would gladly treat them to the 1812 overture some time around 8 AM… everyone should be up by then… right?????

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.