It’s an annual crosstown-rivalry football tradition, and it’s coming up Friday night – Chief Sealth athletic director Sam Reed just sent full details of this year’s Huling Bowl:
Chief Sealth International High School vs. West Seattle High School
Friday, October 22, 2010
Southwest Athletic Complex (SWAC)
Game time: 7:00 p.m.
Festivities start: 5:00pm
Join both schools, alumni and the entire West Seattle community in this annual contest between friendly rivals. Festivities include a free pre-game barbecue provided by long-time supporters, Steve and Tom Huling. Everyone is invited to start the day with a guided tour of the newly finished Chief Sealth International High School.
Half-time entertainment includes an exciting joint performances from the two bands as well a light-hearted competition between the two schools’ student leaders. The Chief Sealth cheerleaders will also perform.
Following the conclusion of the game Chief Sealth senior football players will be recognized as part of their “Senior Night.”
· 5:00: Early ticket sales open at SWAC main entrance
· 5:00: Nels Enquist will lead a tour of the new Sealth facilities for all interested
· 5:30: Pre-game BBQ starts (provided by Steve and Tom Huling)
· 6:00: Stadium gates open
· 6:55: Sealth Band performs National Anthem
· 7:00: Kickoff
Half-time (20 minutes):
· 10 minutes: Sealth and West Seattle band in joint field show
· 3 minutes: Sealth Cheer performs
· 5 minutes: Sealth vs. West Seattle student government “punt, pass & kick” competition
· Sealth’s “Senior Night” presentations
The Southwest Athletic Complex is at 2801 SW Thistle, right across the street from the Chief Sealth campus.