West Seattle Crime Watch: 35th/Roxbury store robbed again

February 13, 2013 at 11:00 pm | In Crime, West Seattle news, West Seattle police | 6 Comments

(WSB photo by Katie Meyer)
11 PM: Another armed robbery tonight, and according to scanner traffic, investigators will be looking to find out whether there is any link to the series of robberies just over the city/county line. Police are at 35th and Roxbury, and we are working to verify whether the business robbed tonight is the same one hit 3 weeks ago. Tonight, they are again looking for an armed robber and according to scanner traffic are trying to determine if there’s a link to a series of robberies on the other side of the city/county border. The only description we have so far is that the male robber was wearing a light blue bandana covering his face and a light blue windbreaker jacket. (Photos of the King County serial robber are in our report from last week.)

6:08 AM UPDATE: Police confirm the robbery was at the same business hit last month, the smoke/beverage shop.

1. That’s it. I’m moving back to West Seattle which is becoming more and more like White Center, which was the new West Seattle, but is now the new White Center. Or is that vice versa? Yeah, I know. 35th and Roxbury is not White Center.

Comment by villagegreen — 11:01 am February 14, 2013 #

2. It’s pretty close.

Comment by Carol O. — 3:17 pm February 14, 2013 #

3. Don’t let these little punks trash our neighborhood. Fight back and knock these little f—kers out. Our house was hit too. They might get hit in the face with a bat if I see anything happen. Break into my home and your ass is mine. Obama trying to take our guns rights away, he can kiss my ASS!

Comment by T.M. — 7:31 pm February 14, 2013 #

4. T.M. I’m with you.

Puzzled why no one seems to want to fight back. WS needs a Charles Bronson or at least some business owners that are willing to stand up to these armed attacks. You have a right and a duty to defend yourselves people. I’m surprised WSB hasn’t censored your comments. Thanks for saying what many of us would like to express about the ongoing robberies and those who want to limit our ability to defend ourselves. No bat though. Remember, these thugs have guns…be prepared people.

Comment by Craig — 9:09 pm February 14, 2013 #

5. You must be a really bad shot if you need an automatic assault weapon. Or maybe you’re worried about passing a mental health check? Either way, check the facts. It’s not all guns. No need to politicise this.

Comment by MP — 6:18 am February 16, 2013 #

6. MP,

The fact is this story is directly related to guns and our ability to defend ourselves–this guy was armed. No where did I mention needing an “automatic assault weapon” to protect myself here. Automatic weapons are and should continue to be illegal for most citizens to own. And thanks for pointing out that mental health is an important criteria for owning a gun–I agree.

Comment by Craig — 11:33 am February 16, 2013 #