Grand-opening eve for Tuscan Tea Room & Romanza Floral

November 8, 2010 at 10:19 pm | In West Seattle news, WS beverages | 14 Comments

Tea time tonight for Aimee Pellegrini and daughter Nina on the eve of tomorrow’s official Grand Opening for Aimee’s Tuscan Tea Room and Romanza Floral in The Junction (4521 California SW). Dropping in for a few photos during the special preview, we also got to see more of the fully remodeled space:

That’s of course from the tea room side – and here, the floral side:

The tea/coffee bar opens at 8 tomorrow, the dining room (where lunch and all-day “afternoon tea” will be served) at 10:30. (As noted in our June report with first word of Tuscan/Romanza’s Junction plans, Aimee is one of the founders of West Seattle’s La Rustica Italian Restaurant.)

ADDED 1:26 AM: Thanks to Cozbi Hultz of ZZPhotography & Design for sharing a couple more scenes from pre-grand-opening night – like this view of some of the food!

1. What a beautiful picture of Aimee and her daughter, Nina! I was wondering what was going on as I passed by at around 7pm. I am so very excited to experience it myself!

Comment by Garden_nymph — 12:04 am November 9, 2010 #

2. I am really looking forward to stopping by. It looks lovely.

Comment by Gini Johnson — 2:46 am November 9, 2010 #

3. Can’t wait….looks lovely and delicious…..!!!

Comment by RJB — 5:56 am November 9, 2010 #

4. I can’t wait!

Comment by Bonnie — 7:17 am November 9, 2010 #

5. i think i will wait till day 2 to avoid the crush..
    but don’t think i can wait longer than that:)

Comment by JoB — 7:33 am November 9, 2010 #

6. Can’t wait to have tea with my daughters!

Comment by Greenie — 10:51 am November 9, 2010 #

7. Not exactly designed for guys, but if the tea and coffee are good I’ll give them a try. And even though the decor might not be my taste, they obviously put a lot of detail and thought into it. Hope it’s good!

Comment by spicyfunk — 11:00 am November 9, 2010 #

8. And located right next door to the beer-swilling, sports-watching enclave that is The Wing Dome. Interesting! (I sense a throwdown between ladies with parasols and Seahawk-clad football fans.)

Comment by OP — 11:05 am November 9, 2010 #

9. My fiance and I were just there this morning for tea and we LOVED it! We ended up splitting the pumpkin gnocchi and it was heavenly. West Seattle really needed something like this, the place is chic and the food/tea is tres magnifique! Highly recommend going.

Comment by Ali — 1:06 pm November 9, 2010 #

10. This Tea Room/Wingdome juxtaposition reminds me of the 39th/Fauntleroy/Alaska pre-Hole juxtaposition of Schucks/Hancock. :P

Mike

Comment by miws — 2:31 pm November 9, 2010 #

11. Went in for tea and scones this morning. Wrote a review on the WSB Forums. Very tasty!

Comment by Jasperblu — 2:35 pm November 9, 2010 #

12. My sister and I had tea and scones this afternoon.What a lovely and relaxing way to end the afternoon.It was so nice not to be surrounded by people on their cell phones or computers. I felt like a proper lady!

Comment by J W — 4:04 pm November 9, 2010 #

13. You mean they don’t have wifi? Well feh :-) Seriously, this sounds wonderful. One of my bucket experiences was High Tea in Boston. Only once. I’ll have to try this one too.

Comment by charlabob — 5:46 pm November 9, 2010 #

14. This looks like a lot of fun!

Comment by Noelle — 1:08 am November 10, 2010 #