- This topic contains 1 voice and has 0 replies.
January 26, 2018 at 2:44 pm #907308
Global Diving & Salvage, Inc. is the largest diving contractor on the West Coast, based out of Seattle, WA, a leading provider of marine construction and infrastructure support services in the United States, and an internationally recognized casualty responder.
The Legal Administrative Assistant is responsible for storing, tracking, and updating Company’s contracts and insurance certificates. The Legal Administrative Assistant works with the incident management team on claims handling and also provides some administrative support to the Quality Assurance group.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Review and draft project agreements pertaining to Company’s operations
• Establish and maintain internal client contact through email correspondence, telephone conversations, and meetings
• Assist management and support groups in preparing and proof reading outgoing documents with legal implications
• Conduct research and report findings as requested by Company’s Contracts Manager
• Assist in compliance with State, Federal, and International requirements in relation to contracts
• Work to maintain, develop and/or improve existing and new tracking tools for use in monitoring all contracts and obligations
• Receive, validate, and store incoming certificates of insurance
• Coordinate, organize, and maintain all Company contract and insurance files
• Collaborate and work with corporate groups, local and regional management, to ensure contractual data and terms are disseminated.
• Work to ensure all contracts are renegotiated in advance of expiration to ensure business consistency
• Coordinate meetings and mailings for Legal group
• Work with estimating and operations to develop a contracting plan specific to a project or client’s needs
• Assist in claims management, including communicating with brokers and underwriters, filing reports, providing documentation, and claim resolutions
• Perform administrative tasks for Quality Assurance group
• General office duties including processing mail, reviewing and processing team invoices and obtaining purchase orders
• Other projects as assigned
• AA in Accounting or related
• BA degree preferred
• 3+ years of recent legal assistant/administrative experience, preferably in a construction and/or claims environment
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills
• Technical writing background preferred
• Excellent interpersonal and team skills
• Excellent Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Pro) skills
Physical / Mental Requirements
• Perform work in an office setting
Equal Employment Opportunity
Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the objective of Global Diving & Salvage, Inc. to obtain qualified employees consistent with position requirements: to seek, employ, promote, and treat all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion/creed, handicap/disability, marital status, genetic information/history, military/veteran status, or any other characteristic or condition protected by law.
Global will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Global’s legal duty to furnish information. (41 C.F.R. 60-1.35(c))
If you are a candidate with a disability in need of an accommodation in the application process, please contact 206-623-0621 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply online at http://www.gdiving.com/about/employment
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.