TONIGHT: Four restaurants in West Seattle participate in the Dine for Darfur fundraiser (more info here).
TONIGHT: Family Night at Chief Sealth High School is tonight, 6-8:30 pm, potluck dinner plus speakers with info on helping your kids stay safe and healthy in a challenging world. Here’s the official flyer.
NEXT WEEK: Just announced by West Seattle Second Thursday Art Walk organizers — three of West Seattle’s hot boutiques will join with the relatively new Junction branch of Twilight Art Collective to present “wearable art,” models and all, during the March edition. 6-9 pm Thursday 3/13; more info on the Art Walk blog. If you’ve been waiting for the winter chill to pass before checking out the Art Walk, no excuse left now! (Plus, with Daylight-Saving Time starting this weekend, it’ll still be light for the first hour or so.) ADDED 10:24 AM: Here’s the full list of participants (23 – new record!), plus the official map, just e-mailed by Hotwire Coffee (WSB sponsor) proprietor Lora Lewis:
SPECIAL! Fashion Show “Art Meets Fashion” during the March 13th West Seattle Art Walk: Because turning heads IS an art form; Sponsored by Clementineâ€™s (3), Carmeliaâ€™s(8), Sweetie(15) and Twilight(22) (see map here)
1. Hotwire Online Coffeehouse Featuring black & white photography
2. Ginomai Artists Studio Featuring local West Seattle artists
3. Clementines part of the fashion show
4. Keller Williams Edna Bishop presents various artists, see back of map for more details!
5. Windermere Real Estate Kim Tingley Realtor is proud to present a local artist
6. Coffee to a Tea with Sugar Debra J. Burnett. Black and white photography of landscapes and portraits.
7. Verite Coffee & Cupcake Royale Scott Hermanson â€˜Crackersâ€™ acrylic on Canvas â€œWatch what you eatâ€
8. Carmelias part of the fashion show
9. Georgia Blu is proud to present the collaborative art work of SAL, Sam and Talese Heckler
10. Arts West Gallery is proud to present Ashley Wells, Joey Katzer and Blue Mitchell for the exhibition Its Just Life which runs March 9 – April 5, 2008. See back of map for more details!
11. M3 Bodyworks Photography and Art by Nancy Swigger
12. C&P Coffee Kelly Rae Cunningham: mixed media paintings “anything round”
13. Click! Design that Fits featuring a new collection of jewelry by Click! owner Frances Smersh, and new paintings by Brad Strain. Frances’s new work is highlighted by several colors of dyed cork set in sterling silver and 22k gold vermeil. Brad’s images are created with house paint, crayons, markers, spray paints and stencils.
14. West Seattle Nursery presents Kathy Johnson, Janet Calvo, Jack Strubbe, and Mary Holdworth. More information on back of walking map!
15. Sweeties Ben Kerns is an artist photographer who celebrates beauty in all it’s forms. The images featured at Sweeties for the March West Seattle art walk will be from series Seasons of Beauty and Old Masters series.
16. Wild Rose Sip complementary wine and enjoy Victoria Shaw’s photography”SPRINGTIME IN PARIS”
17.Shoo Fly Pie Stephanie Norris “How Do I Look?” Acrylic, watercolor, and mixed media paintings inspired by the ideal woman of the 50’s and 60’s
18. Divina featuring the designs of Farinaz Taghavi (a white story) as well as complimentary chair massage by Therese Henning
19. Styling Studio Kathleen Lopez polaroid manipulation
20. Talaricos presents Elise Lindborg local West Seattle artist
21. Steve Klinkel Studio self
22. Twilight Art part of the fashion show
23. 8 Limbs Yoga Liz Nelson is a mixed media painter who uses children’s books and recycled materials as collage and inspiration.
| Comments Off on Looking ahead: 2 for tonight, 1 for next week