Ultimate Easter decorations? Peep-riffic yard in West Seattle

April 8, 2012 at 2:20 pm | In Holidays, Seen around town, West Seattle news | 20 Comments

600+ peeps in a Lowman Beach-area yard, said the e-mail tip from Scott. So we had to go take a peep – er, peek – for ourselves.

We didn’t count them, but we’ll take his word for it. Pastel bunny Peeps, to be specific, all over the lawn. And even in the bushes, with some of their faceless marshmallow cousins:

P.S. For other Peeps creations, check out the gallery from our partners at the Seattle Times.

1. Some “peeple” really go all out, huh? Too funny! Happy Easter y’all!

Comment by sun*e — 2:24 pm April 8, 2012 #

2. that’s my kind of fabulous!

Comment by kumalavula — 2:26 pm April 8, 2012 #

3. Good job guys! Were they surprised?

Comment by Kjb — 3:39 pm April 8, 2012 #

4. My question is where does one go to get that many peeps? Also, what does that cost?! And its wonderful! Gives me some ideas for some friends yard next year…the great peeper…

Comment by coffee — 3:51 pm April 8, 2012 #

5. Nice job, Mango!

Comment by Cait — 4:18 pm April 8, 2012 #

6. When I was in high school we used to TP our friends’ yards. Is this T-PEEP-ing?

Comment by Valerie — 4:57 pm April 8, 2012 #

7. Agree Cait:)

Comment by Knorbeck — 5:17 pm April 8, 2012 #

8. It is my parents house. It is the second year I have done it. Last year I had around 200 this year there is 640 peeps and marshmallow. It cost $66.00 for the peeps and 10.00 for the sticks and about 6 hours of time to do as MasterCard says priceless.

Comment by Mango — 5:46 pm April 8, 2012 #

9. Mango,if you think ahead of time next year to ask for donations of peeps,give a shout out.

Comment by Alki Resident — 7:37 pm April 8, 2012 #

10. Mango, my only question, all of the peeps at 1 store, or many trips? And what did the cashier say? Now I know what to do for my friends and how much it will cost!

Comment by coffee — 8:03 pm April 8, 2012 #

11. Or better yet, do it the day after Easter. Thriftway has boxes and boxes of peeps in all colors for only a dollar each!! :)

Comment by add — 8:04 pm April 8, 2012 #

12. Saw this today on my walk and was thinking I hope somebody told WSB. LOL, guess they did. I love this. So creative!

Comment by sb2780 — 9:43 pm April 8, 2012 #

13. I got them wednesday night at Fred Meyers, they have self check out so no one could say anything, I was thinking about getting them for the next year early but then they get hard and you can’t stick a kabob stick in them unless i did that all this week and stored them for a year. last year i had a mix of chicks and bunnies i notice this year you get two more bunnies then chicks per pack so it was all bunnies, I also had two people helping me place them in the yard. so it goes pretty quick.

Comment by mango — 9:48 pm April 8, 2012 #

14. Ok, I LOVE this !!!

Comment by Beach Drive Resident — 9:58 pm April 8, 2012 #

15. Mango,

What was your parent’s reaction to this fun surprise? Would love to see a picture! This is such a cute spring idea, especially after our dreary winter. Good job!

Comment by LStephens — 6:26 am April 9, 2012 #

16. They were quite surprised and tried to caught me doing it since I did it last year. I moved it up a day. So I got them again!

Comment by mango — 8:32 am April 9, 2012 #

17. Nice! How fun!!! Good thing it didn’t rain. I am not super up on my peeps facts, but I am thinking if it rained you would have balls of goo-kabobs and spots of color all over the lawn. I so love random acts of craziness. This just makes so many people smile. Thanks Mango. Awesome job. :)

Comment by Kathleen — 11:49 am April 9, 2012 #

18. Kent, when your neighbors told me about this, we were excited that Matthew and Andrew got to enjoy it too. Thank you from their Nana and Papa.

Comment by Claudia Traub — 4:23 pm April 9, 2012 #

19. Mango strikes again

Comment by Patricia — 7:09 am April 10, 2012 #

20. Yikes. It’s like Vlad the Impaler but for invading armies of Peeps instead of Ottoman Turks.

Comment by M — 2:53 pm April 10, 2012 #