Dumped items: “Did somebody have their car stolen last night?”

June 7, 2009 at 3:55 pm | In Pigeon Point, West Seattle news | 13 Comments

So asked Rich in the note he sent with the photo you see above:

This new looking “Bugaboo Gecko” stroller is sitting just off the road near the 4400 block of 21st Ave SW, right by the radio tower. There are various cloth grocery bags and an umbrella. This is not the usual trash that gets dumped in this field… I tried calling the police non emergency number, 206-625-5011, but was advised to call back later by an automated voice due to a large number calls.

I hate the fact that car thieves might be using my neighborhood as safe place to ransack stolen cars.

If the stroller is yours, Rich can reunite you with it – contact us and we’ll put you in touch with him – editor@westseattleblog.com. (P.S. A note if you live in Pigeon Point – tomorrow night’s the next meeting of the Pigeon Point Neighborhood Council, 7 pm at Cooper School.)

1. I called this in to 911 this morning, about 10am. It seemed odd to me as well, folks don’t dump this kind of stuff.

May be related, maybe not, but there were a number of cars keyed on 20th last night as well.

Comment by Chris from Pigeon Point. — 3:58 pm June 7, 2009 #

2. …and also rifled through a couple cars. Stole change.

Comment by Chris from Pigeon Point. — 4:03 pm June 7, 2009 #

3. Oh boy, this is one expensive stroller. The “thieves” obviously didn’t realize that one considering they stole “change”. Idiots. I hope the owners get their stuff back!

Comment by pbgirl423 — 4:32 pm June 7, 2009 #

4. pbgirl423, that was exactly my thought! The stroller was probably more expensive then anything else they could have gotten out of the car.

Comment by meg — 8:28 am June 8, 2009 #

5. We’re one of the Pigeon Pointers who were hit. Our car was broken into on Saturday night as it was parked in our driveway on 20th. It didn’t look like we were missing anything valuable though.

Comment by TheKingofNorway — 12:36 pm June 8, 2009 #

6. I bet that nice expensive stroller is gone now!

Comment by JH — 2:24 pm June 8, 2009 #

7. I’m hoping Rich picked the stuff up and brought it home. Last month I picked up a stolen purse, and all the loose debris from it, found a receipt, called the business owner, learned the business manager knew who the victim was, and delivered the purse to the business to be reunited. I hope that Rich went that extra mile … and at least picked the stroller up. Sounds like he did. :(

Comment by hope he didn't leave the stuff — 4:37 pm June 8, 2009 #

8. I posted this link on the WS parents of Babes site, maybe someone there will have heard about the missing stroller.

Comment by hollyplace — 7:43 am June 9, 2009 #

9. Unfortunately, I still have the stroller and the bags. I am open to any suggestions, as to what else to do…. Thanks hollyplace, for posting that link.

-Rich

Comment by rich — 11:43 am June 9, 2009 #

10. did you ever get around to filing a “found property” report with police? As I remarked to somebody after the PPNC meeting last night, it may well have been stolen from miles away – TR

Comment by WSB — 11:51 am June 9, 2009 #

11. I went down to the southwest precinct to file a report, but they just had me call the non-emergency number again. They are sending somebody to pick up the stroller.

Comment by rich — 12:48 pm June 9, 2009 #

12. Post it as found on craigslist with info on how to pick up?

Comment by ReckenRoll — 1:37 pm June 9, 2009 #

13. Hi – Call the company, usually people register these things with the company to get any recall information. It should have a serial number.

Comment by Childish Things — 7:25 pm June 9, 2009 #