Another viaduct vote?

June 24, 2007 at 10:42 pm | In Transportation, Viaduct vote | 5 Comments

That’s what a guy from West Seattle suggests we need, in this P-I “guest column.”

1. I love that “get real” is how he petulantly and childishly starts the argument, and then never actually gets around to explaining why a new elevated road–as compared to any other option–is actually better.

Comment by Aral — 9:56 am June 25, 2007 #

2. Seriously, we need like 4 more votes before the city does not do anything.

Comment by Eric Roberts — 10:46 am June 25, 2007 #

3. His points concerning the vote are valid. We should have had three choices. Viaduct, Tunnel or no-build.

The ballot was a shame and they knew it the minute the approved it.

Just imagine if in 1992 we had the following choices:

1) Bill Clinton (yes or no)
    2) George Bush (yes or no)

Ross Perot wins!

Comment by Joe — 12:50 pm June 25, 2007 #

4. I love the comment on the PI site that says “I used to live in West Seattle, and in the two years I was there, I used the viaduct perhaps twenty times. I doubt that the viaduct is all that important to West Seattle traffic.” My bus uses the viaduct (as do many buses, as well as other traffic); I can understand that not everybody in WS uses the viaduct due to destinations, schedules, etc., but to sit there and say that it’s not very important to WS traffic as a blanket statement? Wow.

Comment by Sue — 2:51 pm June 25, 2007 #

5. well, I suppose another vote might be OK…but…let’s make it a vote for Mayor…and let’s make it a vote for a whole new city council..and not an incumbent in sight…

Comment by Jan — 5:46 pm June 25, 2007 #