Want a structured, welcoming environment to improve your writing? Have a writing project you’d like to make progress on? Ready for new friends, improved skills and accountability?
We’re gathering a Writer’s Workshop for 12 weeks this winter, all genres welcome. We’ll be led by Molly Thornton, Seattle-based writer and coach. Classes will be two hours long, from 6-8pm , Tuesdays 1/9-3/27. Fee for the workshop is $240. Location is private residence in West Seattle near Ercolini Park. (It’s okay if you have to miss a class at some point during the session.)
Participant expectations– You come ready to learn and be engaged, each week you will:
• Submit pages to be read and reviewed by the group in a timely manner. Blogs, Chapters, Essays, Stories, Articles, it all counts.
• Read approximately 20 pages (depending on the size of the group) each week outside of class of your fellow writer’s work and generate feedback for them.
In class we will:
• Learn new skills based on the needs of the group, this will range from organizing your piece, to character development, editing skills and much more.
• Engage in generative, timed writing exercises to focus and advance our work.
• Give and receive feedback on each other’s writing in a supportive and thoughtful way