February 24, 2020 at 4:19 pm #971833
Waid Law Office, PLLC primarily represents plaintiff clients in legal malpractice claims and fee disputes against their former attorneys. We have a Full-Time Legal Assistant position open immediately in West Seattle. The ideal candidate is a team player with a positive attitude, respects people with diverse backgrounds, and has a professional demeanor and excellent verbal and written skills.
Most training occurs on the job. Previous administrative/legal experience or internship experience is not required, but preferred. A high school diploma or its equivalent is necessary, at a minimum.
The individual will provide administrative support, including answering phones, greeting clients and assisting staff with filing, copying, sorting and scanning. The ideal candidate has excellent communication and strong organization skills, can efficiently multitask, is willing to shift priorities as they come, extraordinary attention to detail, familiarity with MS Office, and has the ability to maintain strict confidentiality. Knowledge and experience with Clio, Smokeball and/or MyCase preferred.
Office is open 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Although flexible, hours scheduled (40 hours per week) must be consistently maintained and dependable.
Duties: As a legal assistant, you will gain an inside look at how a small law office operates in a congenial environment, while performing the following duties:
• Answer incoming office calls
• Prepare outgoing mail
• Prepare and organize materials for Summary Judgment, mediation, depositions, etc.
• File documents with various Courts (hardcopies and e-copies)
• Intake of potential clients and scheduling initial consultations
• Help manage and accurately maintain office filing (hardcopies and e-files)
• Help intake and track discovery production
• Help create and manage scans of hardcopies for office records
• Help manage current client files (i.e., communications, invoices, witness folders, etc.)
• Track and order office supplies
• Additional tasks as they present themselves
Please submit your resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, to Sarah Hidalgo at @waidlawoffice.com">email@example.com. No phone calls please. We will begin reviewing applications immediately.March 3, 2020 at 5:05 pm #972486
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.