January 27, 2021 at 10:28 am #997879
At Metropolitan Market, we know food! We are a progressive, upscale grocery-retailer and one of the best places to work in the Pacific Northwest. Metropolitan Market is a company recognized within the food industry for freshness and quality – from our locally roasted coffee to our freshly-baked breads.
We provide outstanding employment opportunities, including a generous benefits program and attractive wages. As a leader in our Bakery and Coffee Shop Departments, this position assists the Bakery/Coffee Shop Manager with product management, food safety, quality control, merchandising, sales generation, gross margins, labor and general expense control, personnel development, customer service, and profitability within the department. We are looking for outgoing, friendly individuals who want to work in a healthy and rewarding environment!
Skills Required / Qualifications:
Candidates will be selected from applicants having the best combination of the following qualifications:
• Minimum two years supervisory experience preferred.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Proven success as a team leader and member.
• Demonstrates a high-level of self-motivation; takes initiative; problem solves.
• Possesses creative merchandising and display skills.
• Possesses strong knowledge of gross profit and labor percentages; proven experience working with both.
• Possesses comprehensive product information with a proven history of using knowledge to train employees and best service customers.
• Possesses a genuine interest and enthusiasm for fine food.
• Proven history of personnel development.
• Ability to effectively delegate and follow-through.
• Exceptional customer service skills.
• Superior communication skills.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Proven ability to positively affect sales generation and manage profit and loss.
How to apply:
Applications are accepted online. Please visit our website to view the complete job description for the Bakery/Coffee Shop Assistant Manager position.
1. Go to https://www.metropolitan-market.com
2. Select the Careers section
3. Complete a general application and create a profile
4. Search open positions and apply anytime, using your general application and profile
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION:
* Attractive Hourly Wage, Negotiable DOE
* Rich Paid Time Off Benefits including Vacation, Personal, Holiday, and Sick
* Generous Medical and Dental Plans at Very Low Cost to Team Members
* Company Funded Life & Disability Insurance and Pension Plan
* Generous Employee Discount
* Employee Sponsored ORCA Card Program
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.