Two reader reports in West Seattle Crime Watch:
STOLEN CAR: Emily‘s silver 2010 Nissan Altima, plate AXL5242, was stolen sometime between 2 am and 11 am Saturday in Delridge. As the @getyourcarback tweet says, call 911 if you see it.
PACKAGE THEFT ON VIDEO: Two clips from an Admiral resident’s security cameras, plus the backstory:
Here are the pertinent details.
1. We live in North Admiral near 41st and Holgate.
2. We found an empty box on our porch (Saturday) morning with a note from a neighbor saying, “We found this on our lawn.”
3. The box had been addressed to us, but was ripped open, the items removed and then the packaging was discarded in our neighbors yard.
4. We used the tracking number to find out it had been delivered to us Friday afternoon. Unfortunately, we didn’t see the box and take it inside when we got home Friday night.
5. We have video cameras installed, so we reviewed the video and found that at 3:39 AM (early Saturday morning), a car drove by our house, the turned around and returned. A young woman got out, came through our gate, walked up to our doorstep and took the box.
We reported the incident to the police and have the entire event on video, so wanted to share it with you. If anyone can identify the thief or the car, please let us know. It would be great if we can stop these criminals before they steal from other people during this holiday season.
Some alternative tips for delivery are among the police recommendations for deterring package theft.