Happy (early) New Year! West Seattle’s earliest celebration

December 31, 2012 at 3:25 pm | In Holidays, West Seattle news | 5 Comments

It’s a tradition at Providence Mount St. Vincent – West Seattle’s earliest New Year celebration. So early, it just wrapped up, nine hours before 2013′s local arrival. Among the revelers, Gwen:

Gwen has seen more than 80 new years arrive, we learned, and is looking forward to another one. While we couldn’t stay for the whole thing, we were told they were expecting to wrap up by dancing to the song for which 2012 will be remembered (bet you can guess which one).

1. Great portrait of “Ellen!” Happy 2013 to all!

Comment by kevin — 4:53 pm December 31, 2012 #

2. Happy New Year to our wild and wonderful neighbors at Prov. Mt. ST. Vincent ! So glad to be part of your extended community here in West Seattle.

Comment by KK — 6:28 pm December 31, 2012 #

3. Correction;
    The lovely resident from PMSV is named Gwen!

Comment by Bubbles — 8:21 pm December 31, 2012 #

4. Let Gwen know she made my day, I hope I’m still funny at that age.

Comment by Alki Resident — 9:28 pm December 31, 2012 #

5. Gwen!! Shes one of my favorites!!! She always has a smile on her! The sad thing is I dont see my other fav….. Bud! I miss working there I worked there in total of 5 yrs. If it wasent for my back I would still be there!!! =( When I do go up to visit I like to bring my little ones Kolemyn and Gwynnie(Gwyneth) The mount rocks!!

Comment by Jamie — 10:05 pm January 2, 2013 #