Checking on what the helicopter is WAS searching for

February 9, 2011 at 1:13 am | In Helicopter, West Seattle news | 5 Comments

Getting multiple reports of a helicopter over Arbor Heights/Roxbury – checking to see what it’s looking for. (And a moment after we published this – the chopper headed northward, away from the area. But we’ll still see if we can find out what it WAS here for. If we don’t get that info soon, we’ll check again with police later this morning.)

1. thank you for your work on this,and the darn planes,flying so low…wondered what that was too…

Comment by Lisa — 7:01 am February 9, 2011 #

2. I think the chopper might have been looking for my mind. I think I lost it at about that time.

Comment by 56bricks — 8:24 am February 9, 2011 #

3. I live near 35th and 104th and heard two possible gun shots shortly after midnight.

Comment by George — 8:59 am February 9, 2011 #

4. heard it last night really low and loud at 37th and 107th, and it’s back again tonight, albeit an hour earlier than last night. not as close sounding to my house though. anything ever found out? is the Coast Guard doing training of some sort or something?

Comment by amyc — 12:09 am February 10, 2011 #

5. SPD didn’t find anything and KCSO told me the only thing they had about that time was a Peeping Tom much further south, deep into (the original) Burien. So it’s a mystery so far …

Comment by WSB — 12:12 am February 10, 2011 #