(Photo by Mike Siegel/THE SEATTLE TIMES [WSB partner])
West Seattle-residing King County Executive-elect Dow Constantine has just announced his transition team – including another West Seattleite, Deputy Mayor Tim Ceis. Read on for the official announcement (p.s. regarding the main not-settled-yet race, Seattle Mayor, the next vote count should be out within an hour or so):
King County Executive-elect Dow Constantine today announced a diverse group of advisors that will advise him over the next several weeks as he moves quickly to establish his administration and his agenda of reform.
The committee will be co-chaired by State Sen. Fred Jarrett of Mercer Island, a retired Boeing executive and leader on transportation and performance-based government, and Hyeok Kim, a highly respected voice on human services and affordable housing issues who serves as executive director of Inter*Im Community Development Association.
Constantine will take office on November 24, highlighting the need to move quickly to put in place the new administration.
“In the midst of the current economic downturn, the important role that County government plays in assisting those in need is greater than ever. Dow is committed to meeting those needs, and when he asked me to assist him in putting in place an administration that will reflect King County and its values, I was honored to say yes.”
Constantine expects to begin announcing appointments to major posts in his administration over the next several weeks.
“I said during the campaign that we will reform King County government, and I meant it. I intend to draw on a wide range of respected voices as I put my administration together. We are going to bring some new faces and new ideas into County government, and we are going to hit the ground running,” Constantine said. “My commitment today is that my new administration will reflect all of King County and will be experienced in the hard work of translating our shared values into real results. I look forward to working closely with my transition team over the next several weeks as I make key staffing and other decisions.”
The Constantine transition committee will include the following community leaders:
* Co-chair State Senator Fred Jarrett, a leader in reform efforts, retired Boeing executive and transportation leader.
* Co-chair Hyeok Kim, a respected voice in the human services and affordable housing arena
* Dave Freiboth, King County Labor Council
* State Rep. Deb Eddy (D-48th)
* Seattle Deputy Mayor Tim Ceis
* Steve Call, former King County Budget Director
* Attorney Jay Biagi, a prominent political Independent with thoughtful ideas on improving customer service within government
* Lorena Gonzalez, attorney and member of the Latino Bar
* Tukwila City Councilmember DeSean Quinn
* Dustin Frederick, King County Coalition of Unions
* State Rep. Sharon Nelson (D-34th)
* David Rolf, SEIU local 775 president
* State Representative Ross Hunter (D-48th), a former Microsoft executive and leader in business and financial reform.
* Don Root, chairman and CEO of GM Nameplate
* University of Washington Professor Steve Page, expert in government reform and accountability
* John Powers, Economic Development leader and former Spokane Mayor
* Sumeer Singla, an expert in wireless and other emerging technologies
* Nate Miles, a leader in health care policy and research.
* Diane Sosne, SEIU 1199 President
* Bellevue Mayor Grant Degginger
* Councilmember Fred Butler of Issaquah
* Kim Cook, SEIU local 925 President
* Shaunta Hyde, Boeing Company
* Charles Knutson, Senior Vice President, Greater Seattle Chamber of Commerce
* Estella Ortega, El Centro de la Raza
* Martha Kongsgaard, environmental leader
* State Rep. Chris Hurst of Enumclaw
* Jay Covington, Chief Administrative Officer City of Renton
* Seattle City Councilmember Sally Clark
* Ruthann Kurose, Board of Trustees, Bellevue Community College
We’re also working to gather information on the process for how Constantine’s replacement, representing West Seattle, Vashon Island, White Center and a few other areas in King County Council District 8, will proceed, and will report that when we get it.
Sorry, comment time is over.
All contents copyright 2014, A Drink of Water and a Story Interactive. Here's how to contact us.
Header image by Nick Adams. ABSOLUTELY NO WSB PHOTO REUSE WITHOUT SITE OWNERS' PERMISSION.
Entries and comments feeds. ^Top^