- This topic contains 1 voice and has 0 replies.
February 12, 2018 at 2:54 pm #908760
Here We Grow Again!
Incredible Opportunity for Talented and Enthusiastic Individuals to Join Our Team!
At Metropolitan Market, we know food! We are a company that is recognized in the food industry for freshness and quality – from our flame roasted prime rib, house made quiche, to our high volume Poke Bar and cut-to-order specialty meats and cheeses.
If you are looking for a company that is dedicated to your growth and development, while supporting the communities in which you work and live, we are the company for you! We provide outstanding employment opportunities, including a generous benefits program and attractive wages. We are looking for outgoing, friendly individuals who want to work in a healthy and rewarding environment!
Job Summary: As a key member of our Facilities Department, this position is responsible for maintaining store facilities and installing, troubleshooting, and repairing equipment in accordance with established safety, preventive, and reactive processes. This position preforms highly diversified duties to best support the achievement of operational goals and objectives for each store location.
Specific Job Duties:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Maintains interior and exterior areas of the store, including equipment and fixtures (e.g., cleaning, painting, assembling, and repairing equipment).
• Uses comprehensive knowledge of each store layout, including location and proper usage of all equipment (e.g., thermostat, trash compactor, and fire extinguishers) in addressing maintenance needs of each store location.
• Receives daily work orders; ensures daily tasks and assignments are accomplished correctly and in a timely manner.
• Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to preform required maintenance and service.
• Complies with all state and federal safety regulations; maintains a clean and orderly work area.
• Effectively utilizes various hand and power tools, electric meters, and material handling equipment in the course of performing work duties.
• Routinely preforms a variety of plumbing and carpentry functions.
• Troubleshoots and repairs production machines, utilizing varied skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic.
• Performs regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment, and store facilities; diagnoses problems, replaces or repairs parts, tests and makes adjustments as needed.
• Performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service; provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment as needed.
• Adheres to company guidelines regarding prevention of internal and external loss, including risk management, accident prevention/safety awareness, and loss prevention.
• Demonstrates dependability and flexibility; meets attendance requirements.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Facilities Manager.
Skills Required/ Qualifications:
Candidates will be selected from applicants having the best combination of the following qualifications:
• Two years experience in mechanical, electrical, and plumbing repair preferred.
• Proven experience in cleaning, maintenance, and light industry-related repair.
• Comprehensive knowledge of industry-related cleaning tools and solutions. MSDS experience preferred.
• Possesses basic computer skills and familiarity with smart phone technology; iPhone experience a plus.
• Ability to understand and read blueprints preferred.
• Demonstrates understanding of basic health and sanitation requirements.
• Possesses a general knowledge of food safety and HACCP/Department of Health guidelines.
• Demonstrates a high level of self-motivation; takes initiative.
• Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Strong communication skills.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Able to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously and produce quality output while working within deadlines a must. Sense of urgency required.
• Proven ability to interact and perform all job responsibilities with professionalism and discretion essential.
• Able to work a flexible schedule.
• Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs and climb ladders.
• Must have a valid WA State Driver License and responsible driving record.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
How to apply:
Applications are accepted online. Please visit our website https://www.metropolitan-market.com/careers
to view a complete job description for the Maintenance Technician position.
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION:
* Attractive Hourly Wage, Negotiable DOE
* Rich Paid Time Off Benefits including Vacation, Personal, Holiday, and Sick
* Generous Medical and Dental Plans at Very Low Cost to Team Members
* Health Reimbursement Arrangement
* Company Funded Life & Disability Insurance and Matching 401K
* Generous Employee Discount
* Employee Sponsored ORCA Card Program
* Tuition Reimbursement Program
* Met ACTIVE Account – Money Provided to Support an Active, Healthy Lifestyle
* Team Member Assistance Program
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.