*ALL LIBRARY EVENTS CANCELED TFN*
At the Southwest Library:
The Seattle Public Library, AARP, and the United Way of King County are working together to offer free tax help at 11 Library locations through mid-April. Trained volunteers will be available to answer questions and prepare personal tax returns.
This service is free and available to individuals by appointment at this location. The free service is not available for business tax returns.
Due to federal budget cuts the IRS is unable to provide the Library with certain tax forms and instruction booklets. Most IRS forms are available online at www.irs.gov. You may make black-and-white prints of the forms from Library computers for $.15 per page.
Drop-in tax help is offered on a first come, first served basis.
To receive tax help, bring the following documents:
• Photo identification (required)
• Social Security cards for everyone listed on the tax return
• Tax form SSA 1099 (Social Security benefits)
• Medicare card (if Social Security number is followed by an “A”)
• Official documents on Social Security Administration letterhead
• Last year’s tax return, if available
• All tax-related documents, such as W-2s and 1099s. Be prepared to provide information about health care coverage for each person on the return.
Note: Photocopies or computer print-outs of any these documents will not be accepted.
Contact info: Southwest Branch 206-684-7455 or Ask a Librarian
Space is limited at library events. Please come early to make sure you get a seat. Due to the fire code, we can’t exceed the maximum capacity for our rooms.