Got books? West Seattle Food Bank needs more

Just out of the inbox, from the West Seattle Food Bank:

The West Seattle Food Bank’s Bookcase Program is in need of all kinds of gently used books including children’s picture books, adult fiction & non-fiction, cookbooks, how-to & craft books.

Our Bookcase Program distributes more than 12,000 gently used adults’ and children’s books through generous donations from our community. Our clients love the program; they can take up to 10 books home to keep. Donation hours are Monday – Friday 9 am – 3 pm and we are located at 3419 SW Morgan St. on the corner of 35th & Morgan. Enter through the garage on Morgan, come in, and we have volunteers that can help you with your donation. Thank you so much.

8 Replies to "Got books? West Seattle Food Bank needs more"

• JG June 19, 2019 (10:16 am)

This is great to know – Will bring some books by!

• Eve June 20, 2019 (5:10 pm)

Thanks so much.  I’m a volunteer with the program, and your donation will be greatly appreciated.

• Jim P. June 19, 2019 (12:04 pm)

I can put together two or so large boxes (as in 30 pounds or more) of books but as I do not drive I have no way to get them there.  Can’t lift heavy stuff as I am aging.If there’s a contact at the Food Bank who might be willing to help me help them by having someone pick them up I’d love to donate.  I live in South Delridge close to Westwood Village.Or if someone knows who I could talk to there?

• Eve June 20, 2019 (5:12 pm)

Hello.  I’m a volunteer with the program and will be happy to come by to pick up the books you have to donate.  You can contact me at eveholt@comcast.net and we can work out the details.  Your donation will be greatly appreciated.

• AJ June 19, 2019 (4:10 pm)

Awesome! I just purged my cookbook collection and haven’t gotten around to donating them yet. I’ve got two boxes of them! I will bring them over soon.

• Eve June 20, 2019 (5:13 pm)

Wonderful to hear.  I’m a volunteer with the program and want to let you know that your donation will be greatly appreciated.

• anonyme June 20, 2019 (6:46 am)

I’m in the same boat as Jim P.  Have boxes of good books, but no way to get them to Delridge.  Maybe a volunteer could do a scheduled one-day pickup?

• Eve June 20, 2019 (5:14 pm)

Hello.  I’m a volunteer with the program and will be happy to pick up the books from you.  You can contact me at eveholt@comcast.net and we can make the arrangements.  Your donation will be greatly appreciated.