Followup: 48th SW fire blamed on electrical malfunction

Around this time yesterday, a huge Seattle Fire Department response rushed to the 4100 block of 48th SW for what turned out to be a basement fire, nobody hurt. We just checked with SFD spokesperson Helen Fitzpatrick to get the cause: She says a waterbed heating pad ignited, catching the mattress and then the frame on fire. Damage total: $70,000. (On the WSB Facebook page, a relative of the family mentioned that while the fire damage itself wasn’t so much, there’s a lot of water damage and many keepsakes were lost.) Photo by WSB photojournalist Christopher Boffoli

1 Reply to "Followup: 48th SW fire blamed on electrical malfunction"

  • ltfd July 1, 2009 (6:30 pm)

    “…a huge Seattle Fire Department response…”

    FYI- It was a standard House Fire response: 4 Engines, 2 Ladder Trucks, 1 Medic Unit, 1 Aid Car, and some Chiefs to manage the incident. Every reported house fire will receive the same response.

Sorry, comment time is over.