West Seattle Crime Watch: Police search in North Delridge

December 14, 2013 at 2:48 pm | In Crime, West Seattle news, West Seattle police | 7 Comments

Thanks to Thomas for the photo. We finally have a tidbit of information regarding what the police search near Delridge and Brandon was about – it’s related to an auto-theft case, according to radio communications. No other details at this point, but we’ve received enough questions about this that we’re mentioning it.

1. Is this related to the police activity by the High Point pond this afternoon? There were three police cars, police interviewing neighbors, and an apartment and yard taped off with police tape.

Comment by mary — 3:44 pm December 14, 2013 #

2. SPD enforcing on an autotheft case? That’s welcome news. They must have some helpful info. Sounds like most people’s experiences are that the car is found on the side of the road in some state of abuse.

There’s probably -lt 20 guys out there doing most of the stealing. Getting just one of them would be a good thing.

Comment by asdf — 5:15 pm December 14, 2013 #

3. Following up, there were 6-7 patrol cars outside of the gym near the Delridge and SW Brandon intersection. The photo shows Brandon, where traffic was not allowed passed, but there were also quite a few patrol cars on Delridge, stopped in the center lane. Seemed they were waiting for someone to come out of the alley there.

Comment by Thomas — 6:10 pm December 14, 2013 #

4. I had to rent a car in West Seattle recently, and the customer service agent said business has been good – because of auto theft.

Comment by G — 9:04 pm December 14, 2013 #

5. It was my car that was found! Plus super happy thives were caught!

Comment by pattilea — 10:00 pm December 15, 2013 #

6. Glad to hear that, P!

Comment by WSB — 10:24 pm December 15, 2013 #

7. I have reported this to the police. I just saw (approx 11:25am) a white 4dr sedan possibly a small old Cadillac with a solid dark blue out of state license plate #—6195B. Driver was a black man mid-twenties with shoulder length dread locks….sound familiar?? He was spotted stealing mail a few weeks ago by someone reporting on the West Seattle Blog.

Well, the driver and 2 occupants drove real slow down the alley between 38th and 37th heading south from Graham to Morgan. I got into my car to follow. I saw two black guys early twenties get out of this car near 38th and Graham. I followed the car and got the license plate. The car continued to circle the block down Morgan then up Morgan etc. I drove down 38th Ave SW and saw the two guys that got out of the car talking to someone on their front porch. My guess is the scoped the house out and decided to see if anyone was home. One guy was on his cell phone the whole time. They were both wearing black jackets, one with dark blue jeans and one with blue – blue jeans. One guy approx 5’-7” the other approx 5’-10” short cropped black hair one with red/white sneakers.

After they talked to the homeowner they walked south not bothering to knock on anymore doors. They walked east on Morgan then got picked up by the guy in the white car!!! They drove south on 38th from there and I stopped the pursuit for my own safety.

BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR THIS VEHICLE! REPORT TO THE POLICE IF SOMEONE LOOKS EVEN REMOTELY SUSPICIOUS! PLEASE! IT’S EASY – 911

Comment by cityboy222 — 3:49 pm December 17, 2013 #