West Seattle weekend scene: Making good on Apple Cup bet

November 27, 2011 at 12:01 pm | In Seen around town, West Seattle news, WS & Sports | 27 Comments

One of those days where, as the old saying goes, it’s raining cats and Dawgs. Yes, Dawgs, as in the Apple Cup-victorious University of Washington Huskies … and that win meant Washington State University Cougars fan Conor lost his bet. We found him in Morgan Junction, in the wind and the rain, wasting no time making good on it.

1. The Dawg gear is cruel and unusual punishment.

Comment by Liz Verdier — 12:12 pm November 27, 2011 #

2. I feel his pain!

Comment by coug fan — 12:20 pm November 27, 2011 #

3. Poor fella. Purple looks bad on everyone :P

Comment by heathsnow — 12:27 pm November 27, 2011 #

4. Gotta honor his integrity. Lesser men may have reneged on that bet.

Comment by czken — 12:38 pm November 27, 2011 #

5. And I thought having to fly that darn purple flag for a week hurt. Good for you for living up to your bet! Go Cougs! Let’s get Leach!

Comment by Watertowerjoey — 12:54 pm November 27, 2011 #

6. lmao, stupid Conor, what were you thinking?

Comment by Jacob — 12:54 pm November 27, 2011 #

7. A good sportsman. I hope both sides act as honorable.

Comment by let them swim — 12:56 pm November 27, 2011 #

8. Dumb. Way to go ask other people to pay for your bet. Not funny. Not awesome.

Comment by Drew — 1:13 pm November 27, 2011 #

9. Could be wrong – my co-publisher’s the one who talked to him – but I think the mere act of standing out there WAS the payoff, with the cup as a prop. – TR

Comment by WSB — 1:20 pm November 27, 2011 #

10. Three cheers for him! He stood up for his team, and then stood up for his own honor to honor his pledge. We need more men like this one!

Comment by Victoria McKim — 1:32 pm November 27, 2011 #

11. What a cute loser!

Comment by cakeordeath — 1:48 pm November 27, 2011 #

12. Hehe cakeordeath, it occurred to me that this might get him some action ;) Way to man up though, Conor!

Comment by GenHillOne — 2:09 pm November 27, 2011 #

13. Hahaha!!! Why would you ever think the cougs had a chance. Don’t Huck with the Fuskies.

Comment by Stevenjone — 2:47 pm November 27, 2011 #

14. Let us know how it went Conor! With Coug gear I would have gone out with him.

Comment by k — 2:49 pm November 27, 2011 #

15. Good on ya Connor. I am going to be paying up an Americano because I thought my Beavs could beat the spread on the U of Nike I mean U of O

Comment by Ryan Surface — 3:43 pm November 27, 2011 #

16. Nice to see him honor his bet, at least he didn’t coug it like his team did yet another Apple Cup.

Go Dawgs!

Comment by Chuck D — 7:02 pm November 27, 2011 #

17. 3 in a row kitties!!!!!!!

Comment by Question — 7:57 pm November 27, 2011 #

18. Hey GenHillOne,

It’s not a bad way to go! Maybe he’ll lose again next year. It’d be nice if we got a little warning next time. ;)

Comment by cakeordeath — 9:28 pm November 27, 2011 #

19. haha I love it!

Comment by Erica — 11:41 pm November 27, 2011 #

20. Yo Drew…maybe the bet winner wrote the sign, too…

Comment by Sighclone — 7:08 am November 28, 2011 #

21. I am proud that he honored his bet and his University. I am and will always be a faithful alumni of WSU. GO COUGS!

Comment by Undefeated Coug Fan — 9:06 am November 28, 2011 #

22. My son told me about this one. Almost got in the car to go wave to him! :o)

I am impressed that he payed off the bet. More power to him!

Go Dawgs.

Comment by Jordan — 9:21 am November 28, 2011 #

23. Too funny…and too cute. He looks great in Husky attire and I bet he made plenty of money to pay is bet.

Comment by sun*e — 9:49 am November 28, 2011 #

24. Oh, Connor. I can see in your eyes that you don’t really mean it.

Comment by Kelly Conley — 10:03 pm November 28, 2011 #

25. Better save that sign for next year Coog.

Comment by Buck — 8:11 am November 29, 2011 #

26. Hope floats on the Palouse today. Team can only get better with a new coach!

Comment by Dunno — 5:18 pm November 29, 2011 #

27. I feel for him i must make good on mine at christmas…. i fear that the purple will burn my skin

Comment by Danielle — 12:39 pm December 1, 2011 #