West Seattle Whale Watch: More orca sightings today

December 14, 2013 at 9:03 am | In Seen at sea, West Seattle news, Wildlife | 9 Comments

9:03 AM: Orcas are back in our waters again today – Claire reports a sighting from the Lincoln Park shoreline, with the whales heading south, as of about 15 minutes ago. (Please let us know if you spot them, even with a text (or voice call if you prefer) to 206-293-6302. Thanks! (P.S. Wildlife watcher/advocate Trileigh Tucker tells us she’s heard a report too.)

1:02 PM: Donna Sandstrom from The Whale Trail called a short time ago and said orcas are southNORTHbound, likely visible soon from Alki Point area. She’ll be in the area with binoculars.

1. Thanks fir this info, WSB!

Any chance you could add a time stamp to these announcements? Don’t know how long ago 15 minutes was :(

Comment by West Seattle Wanderer — 10:27 am December 14, 2013 #

2. The timestamp is right under the headline. Unless you read this on a phone?

Comment by WSB — 10:29 am December 14, 2013 #

3. WSB you are truly a one stop shop. I come here for traffic, news, events, weather… and even whale watch notice. I’m at Lincoln Park now just in case they come back. Will let you know if I see anything. Thanks!

Comment by Chris W — 12:21 pm December 14, 2013 #

4. Any updates on location?

Comment by ian — 1:40 pm December 14, 2013 #

5. Approaching Fauntleroy is the last thing we heard.

Comment by WSB — 1:46 pm December 14, 2013 #

6. Someone on the Orca Network’s Facebook page commented at about 2:05 that the orcas were at Arroyo Beach heading slowly northward – and “closer to the east side,” hooray!

Comment by Trileigh — 2:11 pm December 14, 2013 #

7. Saw 15 to 20 of them from Lowmans beach

Comment by mozabo — 4:09 pm December 14, 2013 #

8. Indeed, I’m on my iPhone. I’ll log in on my computer next time I’m looking for a time stamp. Thanks!

Comment by West Seattle Wanderer — 6:07 pm December 14, 2013 #

9. I had a wonderful time whale watching from the Emma Schmitz Memorial Park, thanks to The Whale Trail’s binocular’s and some fine man’s amazing…what was it? telescope?…that allowed me to see a huge group of them clearly. Their spouting was like fireworks, their fins so clearly visible, and it was an incredible early Christmas gift. I think I shrieked like a little girl when I first saw them – they never cease to thrill me, and today they were particularly numerous, visible, and spectacular. Loved every (chilly) minute!

Comment by Kristina — 7:02 pm December 14, 2013 #