Bellydance class in West Seattle @ Youngstown Cultural Arts Center
Six week sessions, Wednesday nights
Next session begins Jan 11, 2017
Drop-in students are welcome at 6 pm and 7 pm
This class focuses on solid foundation work for new dancers. As with the practice of yoga, experienced dancers can deepen their practice of bellydance by working thoughtfully into the fundamentals as your body and mind open and are prepared to learn more subtle nuances in these powerful foundational moves.
6pm – 6:50pm – Toolbox
– Beginning technique
– Intro to history and music
– Building strong basic dance skills
– Basic alignment
– figure 8, circles, spirals and undulations
– Beautiful arms and hands gestures
7:00pm – 7:50pm – Bellydance Workout
– Mixed level – EVERYONE IS STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO ATTEND
– Exercise class will invigorate your body and deepen your capacity and understanding of isolations. Sweating and laughing will be on the agenda. This class is to shake everything loose, lengthen, strengthen and elongate your muscles. You will work hard and you will love it. Challenging yet accessible for all fitness levels and dancers. Promise.
West Seattle, Washington