(SDOT camera looking at northbound 99 @ Lander; West Seattle Bridge cams not working currently)
Nothing major reported as the day begins – let us know if you find otherwise. Both West Seattle Bridge cameras are broken again today, and checking the WSB Traffic page, another one in this area is out of commission too – we will follow up with SDOT today to see what’s going on.

TRANSIT REMINDER: As noted here again last night, RapidRide C Line is supposed to get 2 more runs during the evening commute, starting night (and 2 beyond that, starting November 13th).

12 Replies to "TRAFFIC/TRANSIT TODAY: Monday reports"

  • Sarah M. November 5, 2012 (7:15 am)

    The RR-C was packed at 7:13 today at Fauntleroy & Alaska. Wonder if it will still be stopping at the final Avalon stop.

  • Christie November 5, 2012 (7:20 am)

    Not an auspicious start to the week – the RR C 7:10 from the Alaska Junction left folks at the at the last two Avalon stops because the bus is too crowded.

  • Sarah M. November 5, 2012 (7:21 am)

    Okay, this RR-C is getting better. There was another C at 7:17 a.m. at Fauntleroy & Alaska. SRO by 35th & Avalon, it still letting people on the bus along the route. Also, a 55 should be right behind us.

  • Dancingeek November 5, 2012 (7:41 am)

    Route 120 was a sardine can when heading onto the bridge at 7am. This is around when one of the additional trips is supposed to be, but I haven’t noticed any differences on One Bus Away over the past week.

  • gatewooder November 5, 2012 (9:45 am)

    I had to wait 20 minutes for a RR bus to go into town and almost 30 minutes to get back last week. Whatever happened to the concept that you won’t a schedule anymore because of frequent service? Sorry, but the current RR service is a degradation of what was in place before it went into service. At least with the old 54 line, I could check the schedule and plan my commute.

  • dq November 5, 2012 (10:16 am)

    While waiting at 61st and Alki this morning for the 8:30 WT Shuttle, I noticed a “mini-bus” with a “Test” on its signage – I heard a rumor last week on the WT Shuttle that Metro was going to start using these buses in West Seattle. Any information on that rumor?

  • jedifarfy November 5, 2012 (10:50 am)

    My 120 was a sardine can too, and I’m two buses after the new addition. I also haven’t seen any change.

  • KS in WS November 5, 2012 (3:01 pm)

    I commute back to West Seattle at about 2:45-3:00, and it has become so challenging to get o a rapid ride bus at this hour. Wondering if others have experienced the same…

    I have contacted metro about almost always waiting for 15 minutes or more. And when a bus comes, so many are trying to board that it can take 15 more minutes to cover 3 stops downtown before viaduct.

    I think there may be a miscaculation on when to begin every 10 minute service!

  • Jeff Switzer, King County Metro November 5, 2012 (3:10 pm)

    A note for 120 riders, since Oct. 29, Metro added four Route 120 trips, split between the morning and afternoon commute. Starting today, they should be reflected in the data used by OneBusAway. There is a lag between when new trips are actually added and when they show up in the data used by subscribing systems such as OneBusAway.

  • Eleven November 5, 2012 (5:15 pm)

    Another C line too full passed up a large group at 2nd and Seneca…sigh.

  • Judy November 5, 2012 (5:48 pm)

    Return to WS on C-line boarding at 3 PM at 3rd & Senceca, already people standing when I boarded. At 2nd & Columbia people boarding said that they had waited 20 minutes. Driver said this was an extra added bus. There was not room for everyone waiting to board and we were packed when we left. Sign at front that should have shown the next stop just said “to terminal.” Driver said next stops couldn’t be shown since it was an extra added bus.

  • Loretta November 5, 2012 (6:12 pm)

    At about 7:30 this morning, on Route #50, the dispatcher or someone decided to make an announcement over the loudspeaker about a stop change (not the 50) and it was excruciatingly loud. Unbearably loud. He went on and on and my poor eardrums were suffering mightily. When he finally stopped, they were ringing and I felt a bit nauseated.

    There has got to be some law about how loud announcements on buses can be. Captive audience to hearing loss.

Sorry, comment time is over.