In search of … Fauntleroy Elementary School Class of 1963

September 22, 2013 at 5:20 pm | In Fauntleroy, West Seattle news, West Seattle schools | 9 Comments

Got word today that the Class of 1963 from Fauntleroy Elementary School – that’s the historic schoolhouse that is now a community center – is planning a 50-year class reunion. Organizers want to hear from interested alums; if that’s you, contact claudinelytle@yahoo.com or linda@seanet.com.

1. Ahh,,memories of fall,,leaves on the ground,,, A group of us kids would run across the playground, arms outstretched like an airplane, and shuffle our feet in the leaf formed houses the girls made on the south side of the playground. This way we got the girls to chase us. There was Arthur, Brian, Larry, Robert, Darwin and me.

Comment by katman — 6:16 pm September 22, 2013 #

2. Take me back. Please

Comment by Rick — 7:15 pm September 22, 2013 #

3. Rick, who are you?

Comment by Linda M — 11:22 am September 23, 2013 #

4. no one asked me who I was

Comment by katman — 3:09 pm September 23, 2013 #

5. I have fond memories of that school. Walked to school every day and still remember the scent of the maple leaves on the ground in fall. Playground was huge and had tether ball if I remember correctly. Who the heck remembers the year they graduated from grade school?

Comment by Greg C — 8:59 am September 24, 2013 #

6. I do! I think it was the purple-fringed suede vest I wore on the class field trip to Disneyland. The school I was in for sixth grade was not a beautiful schoolhouse like Fauntleroy, sadly.

Comment by WSB — 9:02 am September 24, 2013 #

7. I went to Fauntleroy from kindergarten through 6th grade. I would’ve been 12 in 1963. This could be the year I “graduated”. Anyone have a pic of the class?
    My brother was 1 year behind me so it could be his graduating class.

Comment by Joanne — 5:35 am October 7, 2013 #

8. Give me a call at 425-417-5917 and I will relay more info and pics. The last name Washburn comes to mind for some reason.

Comment by katman — 1:12 am October 9, 2013 #

9. Joanne,, give me a call and I can relay more info and pics. 425-417-5917. I was class of 63 and for some reason the name Washburn popped up.

Comment by katman — 1:18 am October 9, 2013 #