West Seattle in the spotlight: ‘Lucky Them’ movie crew returning

February 21, 2013 at 7:21 pm | In West Seattle news, WS culture/arts | 9 Comments

You might recall our note January 29th about TV/film actor Thomas Haden Church sighted at Admiral Safeway, while the film “Lucky Them” was shooting in West Seattle. It’s coming back, according to notes from WSB’ers both north and south who both had received visits from production-crew members alerting them to the impending shoots in the next few days: One on Alki, one in Gatewood/Sunrise Heights. So if you see a film crew in either of those areas – that’s what they’re here for. Here’s the iMDB page for the movie, which is directed by Seattle’s Megan Griffiths and also stars Toni Collette.

1. They’re on Alki right now.

Comment by KD — 8:21 am February 22, 2013 #

2. And they are already setting up on 37th SW, between Monroe and Kenyon, where they’ll be till around 7:30 PM.

Comment by Joan Vermeulen — 9:19 am February 22, 2013 #

3. Thanks – we have received several texts and messages and tried to take a picture once already but the rain and wind was headed right into our camera so we’ll be trying again in a bit.

Comment by WSB — 9:23 am February 22, 2013 #

4. I was wondering what was up a blk from my house.
    Thanks WSB! You’re on top of it as always.

Comment by Tony — 10:02 am February 22, 2013 #

5. So that’s why 37th/Kenyon had all the no parking signs for the past few days.

Comment by wsn00b — 12:47 pm February 22, 2013 #

6. I drove by this on my way to work this morning, was wondering why so many people we out at 6 a.m. Thanks for the explanation! :)

Comment by MJ — 2:36 pm February 22, 2013 #

7. They also filmed at a bar I own in North Bend, WA. Mt Si Pub is the name of my pub and we also get to keep the Mt Si Pub name in the movie. Many crucial scenes filmed here!! They must have had 60+ people in the film crew plus the actors. Got to see them all!!

Comment by Rob — 3:25 pm February 22, 2013 #

8. Hey KD.. I wish I lived on Alki, but that was not me, KD reporting the sighting, I have been using KD for over a year and a half, so please use another moniker so people don’t mix up our tales and opinions! Thanks!

Comment by KD — 12:02 pm February 23, 2013 #

9. They have been filming in Carnation. A big movie star is the surprise in this movie.

Comment by Mrs. D — 2:07 pm February 27, 2013 #