Happening now: Grand opening for Rat City Records and Relics

February 2, 2013 at 4:56 pm | In West Seattle news, White Center | 10 Comments

A brand-new shop just opened in downtown White Center – Rat City Records and Relics at 9632 16th SW – and it’s throwing a grand-opening party today/tonight. See our coverage on partner site White Center Now.

1. I find it ironic that White Center is becoming more and more like West Seattle used to be (cool shops and restaurants) while West Seattle is becoming more and more like the old White Center (rampant crime).

Comment by West Seattle Hipster — 4:59 pm February 2, 2013 #

2. Cool – hopefully this place is better than Easy Street!

Comment by DP — 6:04 pm February 2, 2013 #

3. They still manufacture phonograph’s to playe these on? We are in the digital age folks.

Comment by toodles — 7:18 pm February 2, 2013 #

4. Yup, and there are even turntables that will convert to digital files as they play. We have one around here somewhere, though we have never gotten around to using it …

Comment by WSB — 7:43 pm February 2, 2013 #

5. There are more speciality turntable manufacturers today then during the height of vinyl sales in the 1980′s. Vinyl is still the absolute state of the art for music fidelity. Open up any hi-fi magazine and there will be reviews of new turntables, arms, and phono cartridges.

Comment by MrB — 8:52 pm February 2, 2013 #

6. I just saw a nice turntable and tube amp at someone’s house a few days ago.

Comment by WestSeattleSteve — 9:52 pm February 2, 2013 #

7. Yay for vinyl !!!

Comment by smokeycretin9 — 9:45 am February 3, 2013 #

8. I wonder if they buy vinyl I HAVE SOME VERY RARE BEATTLES AND ELVIS.

Comment by Cinder — 11:03 am February 3, 2013 #

9. Cinder, if they dont, Golden Oldies on 45th in Wallingford pays well. I think Easy Street buys vinyl too, but I have never sold to them.

Comment by smokeycretin9 — 12:51 pm February 3, 2013 #

10. My husband has one of those turntable-to-digital players. He loves it. I’m sure he’ll be stopping in to this new shop very soon!

Comment by datamuse — 4:34 pm February 3, 2013 #