Happening now: Grand opening for Rat City Records and Relics

A brand-new shop just opened in downtown White Center – Rat City Records and Relics at 9632 16th SW – and it’s throwing a grand-opening party today/tonight. See our coverage on partner site White Center Now.

10 Replies to "Happening now: Grand opening for Rat City Records and Relics"

• comment-avatar
    West Seattle Hipster February 2, 2013 (4:59 pm)

I find it ironic that White Center is becoming more and more like West Seattle used to be (cool shops and restaurants) while West Seattle is becoming more and more like the old White Center (rampant crime).

• comment-avatar
    DP February 2, 2013 (6:04 pm)

Cool – hopefully this place is better than Easy Street!

• comment-avatar
    toodles February 2, 2013 (7:18 pm)

They still manufacture phonograph’s to playe these on? We are in the digital age folks.

• comment-avatar
      WSB February 2, 2013 (7:43 pm)

Yup, and there are even turntables that will convert to digital files as they play. We have one around here somewhere, though we have never gotten around to using it …

• comment-avatar
    MrB February 2, 2013 (8:52 pm)

There are more speciality turntable manufacturers today then during the height of vinyl sales in the 1980’s. Vinyl is still the absolute state of the art for music fidelity. Open up any hi-fi magazine and there will be reviews of new turntables, arms, and phono cartridges.

• comment-avatar
    WestSeattleSteve February 2, 2013 (9:52 pm)

I just saw a nice turntable and tube amp at someone’s house a few days ago.

• comment-avatar
    smokeycretin9 February 3, 2013 (9:45 am)

Yay for vinyl !!!

• comment-avatar
    Cinder February 3, 2013 (11:03 am)

I wonder if they buy vinyl I HAVE SOME VERY RARE BEATTLES AND ELVIS.

• comment-avatar
    smokeycretin9 February 3, 2013 (12:51 pm)

Cinder, if they dont, Golden Oldies on 45th in Wallingford pays well. I think Easy Street buys vinyl too, but I have never sold to them.

• comment-avatar
    datamuse February 3, 2013 (4:34 pm)

My husband has one of those turntable-to-digital players. He loves it. I’m sure he’ll be stopping in to this new shop very soon!

WP-Backgrounds by InoPlugs Web Design and Juwelier Schönmann