West Seattle Crime Watch: Seen this stolen car?

January 28, 2012 at 2:16 pm | In Crime, West Seattle news | 5 Comments

Out of the WSB inbox, from Kris:

My 94 Honda Del Sol, license plate # 848YQR (tabs expire 01/31/12) was stolen from our driveway on Wednesday January 25th, 2012, between 4 and 6:30 am. It was taken from the 10200 block of 1st Ave S. in Top Hat. It has been reported stolen to the police. It is a 2 door, Royal blue. cute little thing! It has a missing lens on the driver-side turn signal and is missing the Honda emblem on the rear trunk. It is NOT the one driving around West Seattle with red rims. If you see it please call it in or drop me an e-mail. Thank you very much for your time. kris.hopkins@live.com

Seattle Police still tweet plates/descriptions of stolen vehicles, but since this is just outside the city limits, you won’t find us there. We’re happy to publish stolen-vehicle reports in Crime Watch coverage; often the thieves dump them fairly close to where they were taken, and several published reports have led to “reunions.”

1. Seems like its always a mid 90s Honda…

Comment by Alex — 4:57 pm January 28, 2012 #

2. Several Subarus were stolen this past year. Honda doesn’t have the preferred-car-to-steal status anymore.
    Too bad any car suffers that status…

Comment by norsk girl — 7:25 am January 29, 2012 #

3. So, I just live around the corner from this guy and about an hour ago I saw this car pull into their driveway.
    Perhaps you could contact him for the story on how the cops got his car back and whether or not WSB played any part in it.

Dave.

Comment by Dave — 2:56 pm January 29, 2012 #

4. Hi Neighbor. I’m the car’s owner, police called my cell around 1 pm to let me know they found it. We drove down there and drove it home. WSB didn’t play apart (as far as I know). Thanks to all who may have kept an eye open!

Comment by Kris — 4:19 pm January 29, 2012 #

5. I just published an update http://westseattleblog.com/2012/01/west-seattle-crime-watch-seen-this-stolen-car after Kris e-mailed us. However it was found (police do check plates on cars they randomly pass or discover, too) – glad to hear it! TR

Comment by WSB — 4:32 pm January 29, 2012 #