Have a look inside Feedback Lounge, two nights before it opens

April 23, 2009 at 11:58 pm | In West Seattle news, West Seattle video, WS beverages | 15 Comments

Cocktails, anyone? Play that video and you’ll see, and hear, Matt Johnson making the St. Basil during tonight’s sneak-preview invite-only party at Morgan Junction’s new Feedback Lounge (between almost-done Zeeks Pizza and one-year-anniversary-celebrating Beveridge Place Pub). As we mentioned this morning, its website is now fully launched, and the drink menu is just part of what you will find there. It springs forth, of course, from the bar:

There’s food too (here’s the menu, from the website). And the people. Like proprietor Jeff Gilbert:

You can meet him, look inside the Whammy Bar — where you’ll find those guitars — and more, starting 6 pm Saturday. The sign went up today, too, so there’s no chance you’ll get lost:

1. Awesome!!!!!

Comment by supafan — 10:18 am April 24, 2009 #

2. Yay! Looking forward to this new establishment opening! Hoping that it will not be yuppified!

Cheers!

Comment by Ms Pam — 11:15 am April 24, 2009 #

3. Dear Ms. Pam,

It probably won’t be too yuppified. I’m already too scared by Jeff’s guitar pics to go in there. Not that I’m a yuppie, more of a mummie (middle-age, urban, middle-classie).

I’m guessing most of the Yuppies will still prefer to flaunt themselves at the Beveridge Place Pub. I still miss the grungy old version of the pub, although I’m sure the owners like the newer, busier version…

Comment by JumboJim — 11:36 am April 24, 2009 #

4. I see they didn’t care too much for the non-meat eating crowd when they created their food menu. Shame shame! I’ll pop in for a drink here and there but I guess I won’t be spending too much of my time or money there.

Comment by Matty — 11:51 am April 24, 2009 #

5. You gotta respect a place when it has a drink called the Corpse Reviver #2. (I’m deathly curious what #1 is. Pun intended.) This yuppie will be taking his money there since it’s close by and I can annoy the few West Seattle-ies who are still using catchphrases from 21 years ago and are incapable of growing up. *sigh* exasperating….truly.

Comment by OP — 12:30 pm April 24, 2009 #

6. Jeff Gilbert rules my face and I will eat at his place.

Comment by Jakester — 2:11 pm April 24, 2009 #

7. Matty…the menu specifically states “veggie friendly” on many items…at least, that’s what I saw…so give ‘em a chance :)

Comment by JanS — 2:43 pm April 24, 2009 #

8. I know Jeff. He rocks. The place will rock. The spirits will flow. The food won’t blow. I can’t wait!!!! See you there!!!!!!!!

Comment by HMC Rich — 3:30 pm April 24, 2009 #

9. Can’t wait to check it out…Jeff kicks ass and so will the lounge!!!

Comment by Gary — 6:18 pm April 24, 2009 #

10. How long before it gets rechristened FEEDBAG lounge? :-)

Comment by Bikefor1 — 6:21 pm April 24, 2009 #

11. Welcome to the neighborhood Feedback! Glad to have you keepin’ it fun. Me thinks there’s need for some goofiness around here. I’ll swing by with the wife and get a drink sometime and check it out. Tip: to succeed in West Seattle you need to be humble, respectful and smarter than your average bear, so far you’re 2 out of 3.

(BTW Well said OP, I’ll join you.)

Comment by Creighton — 7:53 pm April 24, 2009 #

12. By the way Jeff, Loco Moco is made with Hawaiian rice brah…Are you guys cooking real rice?

Comment by Jiggers — 1:34 am April 25, 2009 #

13. Went there tonight. Awesome place. Great food and drink.

Comment by Darren — 10:42 pm April 26, 2009 #

14. Jeff Gilbert is amazing and the Lounge will be such an asset in West Seattle.

Diggin’ those guitars Jeff!

Comment by dinahmite — 5:21 pm April 29, 2009 #

15. The FeedBack Lounge is something the ‘hood has needed in a long time. I went the night Matt and Jeff officially opened the doors. The space is huge, and the drink menu is amazing. Listen girls, we can get the same $10-$15 BellTown cocktail here at an more affordable price.

Though the food had been a little inconsistent during the first week, they are dedicated in working out the kinks. They accommodate non the less. Won’t find this in most BellTown establishments.

Did I mention the eye candy girls? The boys drinking + the hunky bartenders. I’m happy to have FeedBack lounge in West Seattle

djbseattle