Opening day for Zippy’s Giant Burgers

zippyfixin.jpg

See that bun? It almost kept Zippy’s Giant Burgers (16th/Holden) from opening as planned today. We called this morning to see if Opening Day was on schedule and were told “If the buns get here …” They did, and the burgers are on the grill. Hours: 10:30 am-9 pm Mondays-Thursdays, 10:30 am-10 pm Fridays, 11 am-10 pm Saturdays, noon-7 pm Sundays. (Cash only.) Below, employee Chris LaFayette and owner Blaine Cook, proud of the new enterprise:

zippycrew.jpg

33 Replies to "Opening day for Zippy's Giant Burgers"

• comment-avatar
    JenV May 1, 2008 (1:18 pm)

looks great! congrats guys! can’t wait to try it. anyone who goes there for lunch today, be sure and post a review here! and let me know if they have veggie burgers…. :)

• comment-avatar
    RobertSeattle May 1, 2008 (1:21 pm)

A menu on their website would be cool…

• comment-avatar
    Paul May 1, 2008 (1:27 pm)

JenV we are going tonight! From one West Seattle Business welcome!

• comment-avatar
    Rahel May 1, 2008 (2:11 pm)

We do indeed have our very own Black Bean Burgers!
    Thanks for the welcome! We’re very excited to be able to provide Wes’ Seattle some mighty fine burgers!

• comment-avatar
    MLJ May 1, 2008 (3:09 pm)

Awesome to see West Seattle’s music royalty still active in the community.

Bring on the Splatterhead Burger!!!

• comment-avatar
    Kayleigh May 1, 2008 (3:13 pm)

Yum on the black bean burgers!

• comment-avatar
    stupidis May 1, 2008 (3:34 pm)

Where’s the BEEF!!

• comment-avatar
    Sue May 1, 2008 (4:14 pm)

Is this a sit-down place, or only take-out? I can’t get to their website – my computer doesn’t like MySpace (crashes my network), so I don’t know if it would tell me there or not.

• comment-avatar
    old timer May 1, 2008 (4:36 pm)

No, their site just gives the company’s name and some particulars about the owners.
    No mention of the menu or prices.
    Still, I hope to visit soon and I wish them the very best.

• comment-avatar
    THERMO May 1, 2008 (5:16 pm)

Nice Shirt!!!!! Bringing my crew there tomorrow fer lunch!

• comment-avatar
    THERMO May 1, 2008 (5:17 pm)

oh and there is a sit down area. Not huge, but you can enjoy your burger on the premises.

• comment-avatar
    WSB May 1, 2008 (5:22 pm)

re: MLJ’s comment, we just received e-mail pointing out that Blaine Cook has a long rock ‘n’ roll history (google Blaine “Zippy” Cook). Bravo on the reader research — we had no idea!

• comment-avatar
    roddy May 1, 2008 (5:42 pm)

Good on you, Blaine! Will come up and say hey as soon as I can. rod from “back in the day”

• comment-avatar
    Paul May 1, 2008 (6:54 pm)

Just got back from checking them out, they did so well today that they are out of product for a bit!!! Small menu, well priced, food looked great, will be back tomorrow, and I am sure many more times because like I said, good pricing and food looked wonderful.

• comment-avatar
    Rahel May 1, 2008 (9:55 pm)

WOW! Kudos to the West Seattle Blog! We were innundated with readers! WE CAN’T THANK YOU ENOUGH!
    Today was spectacular to say the least! We did indeed run out of everything a mere 7.5 hours after opening! We call that about 50 pounds of beef (ground today onsite!), not to mention all of the house made bean burgers and pounds of chicken! Gosh you guys are HUNGRY!
    Never fear, Zippy and his team are ready for you all tomorrow and through the entire weekend!
    Don’t forget the soda! We offer a great selection of pure cane sugar sodas and at least 7 different kinds of root beer (one day we hope for 50!).
    THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

• comment-avatar
    Threes Company May 1, 2008 (10:31 pm)

FINALLY…a burger place in West Seattle other than McDonalds. I can’t wait to try this place – I eat burgers almost every day and I’ve been looking forward to Zippy’s opening for weeks (I’m expecting twins). Bring on the double double!

• comment-avatar
    Erik May 1, 2008 (10:49 pm)

Rootbeer…did you say 7 kinds of rootbeer? Okay, I’m in!

• comment-avatar
    gwen c. May 2, 2008 (1:57 am)

yeah, i’ll totally be checking it out tomorrow. so if you have cane sugar soda, have you found HFCS-free buns? that’d make me *really* happy. i love my carbaliscious bread but not with the devil HFCS.

still, lettuce exists for a reason, and it’s pretty good at holdin’ burgers, too.

• comment-avatar
    ann May 2, 2008 (9:33 am)

Is the black bean burger Vegan??? Any other Vegan choices???

• comment-avatar
    LOHO May 2, 2008 (12:22 pm)

Just got done eating my first Zippy’s burger – total yum in the tum! Burgers so good, rings and fries delish, secret sauce so so tasty. My favorite part is that they offer seven yes I said seven different brands of root beer.

I’m a fan and now a loyal customer!

• comment-avatar
    JanS May 2, 2008 (12:39 pm)

Erik…rootbeer..heaven is a rootbeer float :)

• comment-avatar
    Paul May 2, 2008 (4:44 pm)

Didn’t make it for lunch today, but passed the word to several people who said they are headed your way, either tonight or this weekend.
    Oh, and I missed the soda collection last night, YUMMMMMMMM, and yes rootbeer is heaven!

• comment-avatar
    GenHillOne May 2, 2008 (7:18 pm)

Hey – WS Pee Wee (Riverview fields) and WS Pony (Highland Park) baseball – take note, GREAT burgers!! A new rescue from the “what-are-we-having-for-dinner” blues on game day :)

JT May 2, 2008 (7:27 pm)

Stopped by earlier today. Really good burger. You can tell everything is fresh. I’m allergic to onions but I still had to try just one little ring. OK, two. Perfect. Just perfect. Maybe they’ll consider deep fried mushrooms :)

Just as an aside. The owners are incredibly nice and personable. Their friendliness alone will make me return.

• comment-avatar
    becca May 2, 2008 (8:12 pm)

At last! West Seattle has a burger joint…make that a GOOD burger joint. Congrats to Zippy’s. The Zip Burger with cheese was mighty tasty, and we’ll be coming back for more.

By the way, love the “wacky burger box” nod to an old Seattle favorite…Herfy’s.

• comment-avatar
    Kohen May 2, 2008 (8:45 pm)

The place was packed wall to wall at 7pm! My son had the Lil Zip B-Cheese, I had the Reg Zip B-Cheese and they were absolutely delicious! Really good. Good fries too. We’ll be back for sure. Prices very reasonable.

• comment-avatar
    Joe May 3, 2008 (8:25 am)

Did they mean to misspell “wesseattle” on their logo?

looks awkward… regardless Im looking forward to some competition to Pepperdock and Redmill. Can someone please post a menu link/pic.

• comment-avatar
    Eddie May 3, 2008 (9:49 am)

ann – who in their right mind would expect a Burger place to have Vegan food?

Eat meat like nature intended us to.

• comment-avatar
    Kit May 3, 2008 (10:12 am)

I’m a neighbor and am I HAPPY this new burger spot is within walking distance. They grind their own meat daily (so if they DO run out of product, they are thinking of us and FRESH….remember that). I had their #11 with goat cheese and Mama Lil’s peppers and now I have an addiction. They are the new kids on the block so be patient as they work things out because I have seen lines waiting. What is good is worth waiting for and trust that ‘pink in the middle’. It shouldn’t scare you and that the cook knows the product they are preparing.
    Those that have been ’round long enough to miss Seattle’s own ‘318 Burger’ will delight that is has been reincarnated with a ‘gourmet boost’.
    Happy eating (I rate it: 3 napkins!!!)!

• comment-avatar
    Native May 3, 2008 (12:23 pm)

Eddie-

I agree. A burger joint is for burgers.

It’s like me going to a vegetarian place and asking for a steak.

Go Zippy’s!!!

• comment-avatar
    Michelle May 3, 2008 (3:12 pm)

I’m not a vegetarian, and I love red meat but I gotta tell you, the black bean veggie burger is excellent — a really great alternative if you’re craving a burger, but still need to watch your cholesterol. My kids loved the chicken sandwich – nothing too fancy, but really tasty! This is a very kid-friendly place too.

Thanks Blaine & Rahel!!

• comment-avatar
    Joan May 3, 2008 (7:50 pm)

Tonight we brought home fries, two Number 11’s, a Black Bean, and a Cheeseburger. We didn’t notice until we got home the onion rings didn’t make it into the bags, but oooooh my, what good burgers. VERY good food. LONG LIVE ZIPPY’S! :d

• comment-avatar
    JxGx May 4, 2008 (10:12 pm)

Menu is now up as well as hours and prices.
    thanks