The Arboretum Advisory Committee at South Seattle College is in search of someone to be our Volunteer Recruiter. This is a new position, ideal for someone with volunteer experience who would enjoy creating a team that leverages the best ideas drawn from that experience. This is a non-paid position.
Responsibilities may include:
• Developing a recruitment plan
• Reaching out to garden clubs and organizations that might be interested in Adopt-a-Garden opportunities
• Coordinating with larger volunteer organizations, such as United Way, to benefit from big volunteer events such as their annual Day of Caring
• Creating a volunteer training program
• Revitalizing our Co-Hort Program
• Serving on the Advisory Committee
• Working with the Advisory Committee to provide volunteer staff for special events
• Prior experience as a volunteer coordinator or as a volunteer in several different settings
• Experience managing people, creating budgets and meeting deadlines
• An interest in horticulture
If you are interested, please send us an email describing your experience and interests to SSCArboretum@gmail.com. Thank you!
I think the amount of time will be up to the person who takes the position. The first month might be 15 – 20 hours, which will involve getting to know people on the committee, setting priorities and coming up with an initial strategy. From there, the program pieces can roll out one by one as time and resources are available. Obviously, the more ambitious the Recruiter is, the more hours the job will involve. The Recruiter will have support from other committee members which will help keep the hours at a reasonable level. Wish I could be more specific, but this is a new position and one I expect will take on the character of the person who fills it.