West Seattle restaurants: Alki sign up for future Blue Moon Burgers

July 11, 2014 at 10:12 am | In West Seattle news, West Seattle restaurants | 15 Comments

Thanks to Kenna for the photo and to Will for the tip – the Blue Moon Burgers sign finally has gone up at its future Alki location (former home of Alki Auto Repair, now in the Luna Park business district). Our first report was back in March; Blue Moon officially confirmed it to us in early April. When we spoke with him then, owner Charlie Olson didn’t expect that remodeling work (they’re remodeling, NOT replacing, the auto-repair building) would take long once they got the permits; we’ll check with him to see if they have an update.

1. Good to see a sign of progress. I hope they can open soon and get part of the summer business.

Comment by Foodie — 10:56 am July 11, 2014 #

2. Really???? Alki really needs three burger joints? dumb planning on the owner of this new one. Personally, I would have put a Teriyaki Restaurant down there. I really feel sorry for them, or hope they have something super special to draw the customers.

Comment by Dan — 1:12 pm July 11, 2014 #

3. Love blue skies without chemtrails. Love summer in seattle :)

Comment by Ced — 1:37 pm July 11, 2014 #

4. OSHA violation- standing above the third step from the top of the ladder.

Comment by ltfd — 2:30 pm July 11, 2014 #

5. First off, love the random comment made by Ltfd. Second I am always excited about any new business down on the beach!!!!!!

Comment by Alki Girl — 2:42 pm July 11, 2014 #

6. One of the good things about Blue Moon is that it offers gluten free buns and yummy vegetarian options as well.

Comment by anw — 3:12 pm July 11, 2014 #

7. When I was working in the South Lake Union area, my favorite burger place was Blue Moon. I’ll take it over Fatburger any day. Can’t wait to eat!

Ced, chemtrails? Really!?!?

Comment by VBD — 4:10 pm July 11, 2014 #

8. It saddens me to see chain stores (Subway, Fatburger) showing up on Alki. I like the family owned local businesses. Not sure of the ownership of blue moon but agree that 3 burger joints on Alki is two too many.
    We should all show our support and only buy burgers from Pepper Docks. There the best burger in WS anyways.

Comment by WS Alum — 6:32 pm July 11, 2014 #

9. The best burger in WS is debatable. The Swinery gets my vote. I’ve heard good things about Blue Moon burgers and will give them a try.

Comment by Burger fan — 9:14 pm July 11, 2014 #

10. Great shot!

Comment by Abider — 10:26 pm July 11, 2014 #

11. Cool, another option. Considering the epic mess that is the service at Fat Burger on Alki, I have no issue going to Blue Moon and continuing to go to Pepper Dock for burgers. As long as the menu is not spot on the same as Pepper Dock, great. The lineup for restaurants along Alki on nice days/nights is crazy. They’ll do well there.

Comment by Mike — 7:56 am July 12, 2014 #

12. I can’t wait! Great gluten free buns AND gluten free onion rings.

Comment by Alki Celiac — 9:18 am July 12, 2014 #

13. Blue Moon is fantastic and I have no doubt they will do very well down at Alki. (In much the same way Marination succeeded despite the similar negative comments made by some on this blog.)

Comment by Al — 10:45 am July 12, 2014 #

14. Concerned about another “chain store? Starbucks, Pegasus, Dukes, Tully’s, Cactus, have all been here for a while…..

Comment by Guy — 4:46 pm July 12, 2014 #

15. Can’t wait for Gluten Free Onion Rings!! The only place I have found good gluten free burgers in West Seattle is Elliot Bay so looking forward to another option on the beach!

Comment by GF girl — 5:25 pm July 28, 2014 #