West Seattle Crime Watch: Street holdup; Maxima stolen again…

March 2, 2014 at 12:57 pm | In Crime, West Seattle news | 18 Comments

Three reports in West Seattle Crime Watch today, starting with this just in from SPD Blotter – heard snippets on the scanner overnight but now the police have a full report:

On March 2nd at approximately 12:57 a.m. officers responded to the report of an armed robbery of a citizen near California Avenue SW and SW Dakota Street. Preliminary investigation indicates that a man and a woman were walking on California Avenue SW when two black male suspects in their 20′s approached them. One of the suspects brandished a handgun and robbed the victims of their cell phone, money, purse, wallet and ipad.

The suspects then fled the scene running northbound in the alley on the west side of California Avenue SW. A witness saw a black male get into the front passenger seat of a white Lexus sedan. The Lexus was last seen driving eastbound from SW Bradford Street and California Avenue SW. The suspect vehicle is further described as a white Lexus 4-door sedan with gold trim and Washington plates. There are no further suspect descriptions available at this time. The suspects and suspect vehicle remain at large.

Anyone with information about this incident or who may know the identities or whereabouts of the suspects or suspect vehicle is asked to call 911 or Seattle Police and refer to this incident. Anonymous tips are welcome.

Speaking of cars – for the second time in two weeks, someone has taken Trevor‘s car:

I regret to inform you that my Nissan Maxima got stolen again last night. It’s been exactly two weeks since the first theft. Last time we were able to find it thanks to the WSB and I was hoping that the blog might help us again. We already filed a report with the police and are currently driving around White Center (where it was found last time) looking for the car.

Here’s the report from two weeks ago, which includes a photo of the tan/beige ’92 Maxima, license 275USV.

And finally, from Sarajean in the 5900 block of 49th SW:

(Friday) night a neighbor saw two “kids” (teens/20s) goofing off in a QFC shopping cart around 11 pm. (Saturday) morning around 10 am, she came over for a play date and noticed the door to our Subaru was ajar. It was parked in the alley next to our garage. We went out to investigate and found several items missing: two winter hats, $20 in small bills, a bottle of wine that had rolled out of the grocery bag & we’d forgotten to go back for, and a nice pair of binoculars. Overall not much, but still. Nothing was damaged. A police report has been filed.

As with the second and third reports here, not everything makes SPD Blotter, so if you want to get the news out to your neighbors, after you report to the police, e-mail the info here for Crime Watch, editor@westseattleblog.com.

1. That couple must have been terrified by those two gun wielding criminals. I hope that SPD catches the thugs quickly. I guess you take your life in your hands when walking around WS at night — too bad and too sad.

Comment by Seattlite — 2:01 pm March 2, 2014 #

2. There are ‘ guys’ that are on 42nd have sw. They some times hide in back of the alley way in back of the little music school on dakota. I know they had tried there crap on me, no guns…also on the geneese street,
    Qfc area as well. The spd is in the area. There doing a great job.

Comment by Al — 2:15 pm March 2, 2014 #

3. Thanks for the info WSB & Al. This is a block from my home and we use public transportation (and thus are on foot quite a bit).

Comment by chris w — 6:21 pm March 2, 2014 #

4. There needs to be undercover cops out on the streets of Seattle. That said, I personally make a habit of being home at !2:57 A.M. And, If I were out walking at that time of the morning, you can be sure I would be armed, which may or may not do me any good, but at least I would have the option.

Comment by phil dirt — 6:51 pm March 2, 2014 #

5. –Thats just what we need. More crazy people with guns.

Comment by brian — 9:22 pm March 2, 2014 #

6. how does Phil’s excercise of his constitutional rights, and his obvious care for self preservation qualify him as “more crazy people with guns”?
    Or did I just get trolled?

Comment by 935 — 10:16 pm March 2, 2014 #

7. I live a block away from here and I would like to request that the SPD car that is in the Charlestown Café parking lot approximately 3 hours per day every day when absolutely nothing is going on maybe show up in the wee hours of the morning.

Comment by Alphonse — 10:44 pm March 2, 2014 #

8. brian ……. nobody said you should have one. You’d probably just hurt yourself, anyway.

Comment by phil dirt — 6:43 am March 3, 2014 #

9. Is there anymore detail on the car? Was it lowered? About 30 minutes ago I saw a car meeting the description (white Lexus, gold trim, 3 or 4 young black male occupants, and lowered) at 35th & Avalon headed South on 35th. I didn’t get a plate number…

Comment by Brad — 6:23 pm March 3, 2014 #

10. Brian – how about we post a sign in your front yard saying that you don’t believe in the 2nd Amendment to our Constitution, and are not armed. We could also get a sign you can hang around your neck. That way, the criminals who don’t follow the law and have guns will know who to approach.

- Just what we need, more stupid people who have no idea how lucky they are to have our constitution and live in this country.

Comment by Rusty — 7:19 pm March 3, 2014 #

11. Sorry, that’s all we have …

Comment by WSB — 7:39 pm March 3, 2014 #

12. brian, after thinking about your comment directed at me, (Thats just what we need. More crazy people with guns.) it occurs to me that maybe we should insist on Mayor Murray declaring the area near Dakota and California a gun free zone. After that, we will all be able to rest easier while walking near there at 12:57 A.M. What do you think?

Comment by phil dirt — 8:24 am March 5, 2014 #

13. Based on the SPD Twitter account, there was an armed robbery in the exact same location again last night after 3am. IN THE SAME LOCATION.

Comment by MLJ — 6:42 am March 6, 2014 #

14. MLJ – take a second look – that’s a followup on the earlier case – note that it is dated 3/2: https://twitter.com/SeattlePDW2/status/441474518754664448

Comment by WSB — 8:42 am March 6, 2014 #

15. …I just checked with SPD to make sure, and the reply: “Someone called in a suspicious circumstances call last night when they saw two people loitering in the area. They thought they might be connected to the earlier robbery on the 2nd.” The two people were gone when officers arrived.

Comment by WSB — 9:04 am March 6, 2014 #

16. Sorry…I noticed that and tried to delete my comment but that apparently didn’t work. Apologies!

Comment by MLJ — 10:55 am March 6, 2014 #

17. I live a block away from where those two were robbed… Not cool, man… Not cool.

Comment by Brenden — 12:43 pm March 7, 2014 #

18. To the punks that robbed my kids at gunpoint watch your backs and who u run up on cause the old bait and trap trick I will b posted up with IPad and phone clearly visible waiting for y’all

Comment by Bonnie Harris — 7:03 pm March 8, 2014 #