TRAFFIC/TRANSIT TODAY: Wednesday watch; 99 closure reminder

(Latest bridge and Viaduct views; more cams on the WSB Traffic page)
Happy Wednesday morning! Reminder if you’ll be out late tonight/early tomorrow, 9 pm-5 am brings the third of four scheduled overnight Highway 99 closures to finish the Spokane St. Overcrossing, both ways between East Marginal Way and S. Atlantic – specifics here.

8:06 AM: Texter says there is a stall on the eastbound bridge right after the Delridge onramp.

8:21 AM: Update from commenters – the stall is just before the Delridge onramp.

8:59 AM: Stall was still there when we passed 10 minutes ago. Bridge slow past there, too.

9 Replies to "TRAFFIC/TRANSIT TODAY: Wednesday watch; 99 closure reminder"

• comment-avatar
    AG March 12, 2014 (8:08 am)

Stall is just before Delridge in right lane. Grn Subaru wagon

• comment-avatar
    ej March 12, 2014 (8:10 am)

There’s a stalled car at the admiral on ramp of the west Seattle bridge.

• comment-avatar
    SJ2 March 12, 2014 (8:38 am)

Lower bridge is currently closed.

• comment-avatar
    enough March 12, 2014 (9:42 am)

Another fun one today, huh.

• comment-avatar
    enough March 12, 2014 (9:44 am)

Christ. Another stall (Subaru) there for at least an hour. What takes so long to remove a stalled vehicle?

• comment-avatar
      WSB March 12, 2014 (10:00 am)

Worst bridge conditions in the three weeks I’ve been doing the temp commuter thing. But overall, in terms of traffic reports, it’s also been a fairly uneventful three weeks. 4th Avenue South has an ugly bottleneck these days, I’ve noticed – starting right before the I-90 offramp east of CLink.

• comment-avatar
    John March 12, 2014 (10:31 am)

@WSB – Yeah that 4th Ave S bottleneck near I-90 is usually all the dummies who need to get in the left ramp exit lane, but they try and skirt past all the cars who are already in that lane and make the lane change at the last minute. Beyond annoying.

• comment-avatar
    bbuddy March 12, 2014 (4:56 pm)

Crossing the bridge is predictably unpredictable — this has been my commuting experience. I practically feel like I won the lottery when there isn’t a backup.

• comment-avatar
    Enough March 12, 2014 (5:52 pm)

I 5 s to ws br and br to 1st are bumper to bumper again. Wth? Is it sun? 1st ave onramp flooding the br?

WP-Backgrounds by InoPlugs Web Design and Juwelier Schönmann