You can help! West Seattle Food Bank needs books

February 20, 2014 at 8:59 am | In How to help, West Seattle news | 5 Comments

The West Seattle Food Bank‘s clients need more than food – they can use nourishment for the mind and soul, too. From Eve Holt:

The West Seattle Food Bank distributes books of all kinds to their clients. Right now, adult fiction and non-fiction, and cookbooks, are especially needed. If you have books in good condition, please consider donating them to the West Seattle Food Bank. You can drop them off Monday through Friday 9 am to 3 pm, or Wednesday until 7 pm (Monday and Wednesday are the best drop-off times) The Food Bank is on the corner of 35th Avenue SW and SW Morgan St. (enter through the garage on Morgan). YOUR DONATIONS WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

1. I’d love to donate but the hours aren’t so convenient. Is there any way to donate on a weekend?

Comment by Mary — 12:01 pm February 20, 2014 #

2. Could we put them (in a bag) in a pick-up spot at a grocery store?

Comment by Julia — 12:39 pm February 20, 2014 #

3. Oh, this is perfect – I’m planning an out of state move and I have just those kinds of books to pass along! Thanks!

Comment by Valerie — 12:40 pm February 20, 2014 #

4. I would like to donate some books as well and can’t make those drop off hours. Like Julia, is it ok to leave the books at a local grocery drop off, like Thriftway?

Comment by AKJ — 1:18 pm February 20, 2014 #

5. I have a boxful and was wondering what to do with them. I will drop off next Wed. If it is possible to drop off on the weekend that would be great too.

Comment by natinstl — 1:58 pm February 20, 2014 #

All contents copyright 2005-2015, A Drink of Water and a Story Interactive. Here's how to contact us.