Update: Pedestrians hit by drivers in Junction, Westwood areas

February 25, 2014 at 8:57 pm | In Safety, West Seattle news | 8 Comments

ORIGINAL REPORT, 8:57 PM TUESDAY: That photo is from Christopher Boffoli, who is just back from 45th and Glenn (map) on the west side of The Junction, where there was a sizable Seattle Fire medical callout after a pedestrian was hit by a driver. Christopher says the driver’s Prius was apparently headed north onto 45th from Glenn. The pedestrian’s injuries turned out not to be life-threatening, so SFD called for a private ambulance to take him to the hospital.

ADDED 1:39 PM WEDNESDAY: We have also confirmed that an incident near Westwood last night was also a case of a driver hitting a pedestrian. SFD spokesperson Kyle Moore says the victim was a 17-year-old girl, who did not suffer life-threatening injuries. Medics transported her to Harborview Medical Center in stable condition. Moore also says the victim in the Junction crash was a 45-year-old man who was in serious condition when transported.

1. The ole map link ain’t too hot. ;)

Comment by Thomas — 9:45 pm February 25, 2014 #

2. sorry, fixing

Comment by WSB — 9:48 pm February 25, 2014 #

3. Would be interesting to know who was at fault here. Was it driver or pedestrian negligence? Just low visibility in a given area that needs to be addressed?

Comment by 4thGenWS — 2:19 pm February 26, 2014 #

4. I agree. Followup on these stories as would be appreciated. Thanks!

Comment by Uncle Joe — 3:14 pm February 26, 2014 #

5. This is all I have. I followed up with SFD today to find out how the victims were doing, and to be honest, neither was a major-injury case (thank heavens) and I have no bandwidth to pursue further – crash reports are difficult to get from police (who apparently never responded to the one in The Junctoin), and I don’t have incident report numbers (I checked) for either. – Tracy

Comment by WSB — 3:22 pm February 26, 2014 #

6. Wait, I’m confused…. Did they get hit by a car? Or did the driver punch someone?

Sorry, I couldn’t resist.
    I’m glad there were no serious injurys.
    Drivers pay attention! If your out at night without high visibility clothing remember at times your next to invisible.

Comment by West — 8:33 pm February 26, 2014 #

7. The glen way incident is on a stretch where there are no crosswalks, few lights, 5 streets pretty much coming together, and steep hills (poor visibility going up, occasional speeding going down). A pedestrian Really needs to watch out for the other guys, I walk here daily, and do hope the gentleman who was hit will recover completely. The new apt buildings scheduled to built in this neighborhood are going to add more cars and peds,….

Comment by Anne — 10:00 am February 27, 2014 #

8. If the car was turning from Glen onto 45th it should theoretically yield to a pedestrian crossing 45th. This is a corner to corner cross walk although it’s not painted. I used to walk Glen everyday to the junction and you have to look both ways while crossing the side streets since most cars are not looking for or yielding to pedestrians when turning off of Glen. Also very few cars stop at the stop sign at Oregon and Glen. I frequently was waving my arms at cars in broad daylight wearing a red coat.

Comment by Julie — 2:06 pm February 27, 2014 #